Chapter 30

Once we pulled into the driveway Gage turned off his bike. As I climbed off I realized a part of me was a little disappointed the night was over. I handed him his helmet and I smiled as he removed his as well. Taking my hand he walked me to the door. "I had a great time tonight. I'm really glad we did this." Our clasped hands fidgeted as we interlaced our fingers."Well I'm happy to hear that because I had a fantastic night. Besides that, you now owe me four more amazing nights darlin'." He ran his fingers through my hair before his hand came to a rest at the back of my neck. He stepped toward me and gently guided my face up toward him. Our lips connected, slowly and softly. His kiss made my knees feel weak. With one hand in my hair he rested the other on my hip. He gently pulled my body into his. His tongue lightly teased across my lips seeking entrance and I eagerly granted it. Both of us moaned into the kiss as our tongues danced in perfect unison.

The chemistry between us was palpable and undeniable. I pulled back, breaking the kiss and we stood in our embrace, our foreheads resting together. Both of us panted heavily as we stared into one another's eyes waiting for our bodies to calm. "Wow..." The one word escaped me in a breathy tone. "You can say that again," his fingers tightened on my hip with his words. Smiling, I put his hands in mine as I removed them from my hips. I turned the door knob, happy to find it unlocked. With a shy smile I pushed open the door and stepped inside. "I guess I'll talk to you later." I suddenly felt shy which is a weird ass feeling if you aren't used to it. "Oh you most definitely will darlin'." He turned, stepping away from the door. "Be careful driving home," I told him as I leaned against the door frame. "I will. Sweet dreams gorgeous." He flashed me a smile before biting his bottom lip and turning to walk back to his bike. I got one last view of his really hot ass in those tight jeans. Watching him climb on his bike, I waited in the doorway until he drove off. I quietly closed the door and locked it.

I don't bother turning on any lights. I'm halfway across the living room before a voice scares the shit out of me. "Hey Katya, can we talk?" David turned on the lamp next to the couch. "Holy shit! You scared the bejesus out of me man! What the hell??" He started laughing at me as I stood there clutching my chest. My heart was pounding as if it might jump out any second. "Why are you sitting here in the dark?" Once I could breathe again I took a seat. "I was waiting for you." I furrow my brows in confusion."Why?" My question was met with a heavy sigh as he leaned forward resting his arms across his thighs. He hung his head for a moment before running his fingers through his hair. "Because I talked to Ethan and now I want to talk to you. Why didn't you come to me before you just went out with that guy?" I'm taken aback and honestly don't have a good answer for him. I'm not sure why I didn't go to him. Maybe because he is also Xavi's friend and I just assumed he'd react the same as Ethan. "I-I don't know David. I guess I thought you wouldn't be willing to do it. You made your feelings toward me very clear. I wouldn't want to put you in a position that might make you uncomfortable."

"Well you have." His tone was serious with an edge to it I didn't recognize. "Excuse me?" I'm not sure where this was heading so I tread lightly. "Made me uncomfortable. Watching you go out that door tonight made me very uncomfortable. Knowing you were going to be alone with him for hours, that made me very uncomfortable." David stood up and stalked toward me. His eyes, dark and pensive, never wavering from my own. He stopped in front of me and sat on the coffee table facing me. "Knowing he would make you smile and laugh made me uncomfortable. The thought of him touching you .......that made me extremely uncomfortable." He reached out and caressed my arm with his fingertips. His eyes followed the movement of his fingers over my skin and he swallowed hard. "Just the thought of his lips on yours makes me way beyond uncomfortable." His eyes moved up, landing on my lips. Without thinking I licked them before pulling my bottom lip between my teeth. He let out a low deep groan as he slowly leaned toward me. He placed his hands on either side of my hips and I leaned back as he came over top of me.