Chapter 28

When we get home, the entire house is wide awake. "Hey guys, what's going on?" Thomas pulls me into a side hug as he exclaims,"Celebration baby!" He clinked his beer bottle with Marc's. "What are we celebrating?" Xavi inquires as he gives Marc a supportive fist bump. "We finally got the rental house we wanted. In two weeks Thomas and I will be moving out." More beer bottles clinked. "What?? I didn't know you were even looking." I take the beer Thomas offers me. "Well, that was always the plan," he tells me, "We were just dead set on this one house. All we had to do was wait for the current lease to run out." David rounds the corner from the kitchen with his arms outstretched wide. "Finally! Get these whining ass bitches out of my house!!" Marc turns to David and laughs. "Hey, you're gonna miss this bitch ass when you want a pitch in for food or booze." Ethan decides to add his two cents. "He's got a good point there man." I shake my head and smile.

"Hey," I sat on the couch between Thomas and Ethan. "Hey you" Ethan nudges my leg and smiles. "Can we talk later?" He bites his lip as he looks me up and down. "Baby, we can do anything you want later....." He keeps his voice low so only I can hear him. "I think we will start with just talking." He winks and leans back, drawing his beer to his lips. "Your call babe." He rests his arm on the back of the couch. Casually he runs his fingers between my shoulders. I turn and give him a look that makes him chuckle. "What?" My lips curl upward and his eyes lock with mine. "You know what." A shadow moves close and I pull away just as my brother appears."What are we whispering about over here?" Xavi sits beside Ethan and he sits up, moving his arm from around me. "Just how much money we'll save on liquor each month once Marc is finally gone." Everyone laughs, nodding their heads or sharing a fist bump in agreement. "Fuck you man. Fuck all of you." He can't help but laugh along because he knows it's true. I will hate to see Thomas go. I was starting to enjoy hearing about his little secret 'sexcapades'. I guess my face reveals my thoughts because his voice is suddenly in my ear. "Oh Li'l bit....." He leans over from behind the couch and wraps his arms around my shoulders. "Don't worry, I'll still be close by. We can always gossip anytime you want." He kisses the top of my head making me smile. "You know I need my weekly dose of who, what, when, where, and how." He puts his cheek next to mine and hugs me tight as he rocks me from side to side.

'Well, as thrilling as this whole event has been, I'm turning in. I have an early morning," David announces. He stands and walks toward the stairs as we all yell out goodnight. "Brunch with his mother again?" That's the first thought that crossed my mind. "Oh no, brunch with his entire family. Apparently his little sister announced her engagement." I swallow the laughter that threatens to explode from me. "Oh, well that just sounds devine." Obviously sarcasm drips from every word in that statement. David's family is toxic in small numbers. God only knows what happens when the entire clan culminates. As time wears on it doesn't look like things are winding down anytime soon. Xavi moves across the room and is talking to Thomas and Marc. I take the opportunity to lean over and whisper to Ethan. "I really need to talk to you." He glances at me over the neck of his beer while in mid swallow. "Okay now you're just making me nervous." As he sits up he puts his beer on the table. "You're not going to tell me you're knocked up are you?" I immediately punched him in the shoulder. "Well if I were I can already tell how you feel by the tone of your question asshole." He puts his hands up defensively as he tries to suppress a smile. "Okay, sorry but damn, you're just being all cryptic and shit. What do you want me to do babe?" I sit there for a few more minutes before I finally remember the stairs in the playroom. I tap the side of his knee with the back of my hand. "I'm going to bed. You go to bed and meet me on the balcony in the upstairs hallway." He looks at me like a third grader asked to do calculus. Jesus, do guys really pay attention to absolutely nothing? I simply roll my eyes. "Just do it."

"Alright guys, that's it for me. I'm calling it. I'll see you all in the a.m." Everyone wishes me a goodnight. Xavi and the boys dive right back into their conversation. Peeking back I see Ethan cleaning up a few beer bottles before he announces he's out for the night. Once I'm in my room I lock my door. Retrieving the playroom key I go through and over to the stairs. I go up quickly only to find the door locked. "Damn it!" I stand there for a moment feeling slightly irritated as I look at the key in my hand. It's a longshot but I tried it in the lock. It slips in like warm butter and turns with ease. "Well I'll be damned." I step out on the balcony and see Ethan standing inside the doors. He looks surprised when I appear. Quietly he opens the door and closes it just as softly behind him. "How did you get out here?" I tilt my head as my hand automatically finds my hip. "Are you serious right now?" When he opens his mouth I raise my hand to stop him. "You know what, don't answer that." Shaking my head I take his hand and lead him through the door. I lock it behind us then we descend the stairs to the playroom.