University

|CHAPTER TWO

The grass is green, shining under the stadium-like lights from last night's rain. Taehyung lazily looks out his bay window, half his body still covered by the warm fur-like blanket. He yawns like a cat as his eyes follow the track team members quickly do their laps around the oval. The blonde boy can't seem to fathom why someone would willingly wake up at the ass crack of dawn to run in laps like an animal. Just never seemed like much fun to him. Taehyung lolls his head back to take a glance at his clock. 4:53 am. He rolls over again into the centre of his queen bed, curling up into the fetal position. Taehyung tightly grips onto his pillow, making his knuckles turn stark white against his usual warm caramel skin. Fat crystal balls start to swim down his cheeks. Taehyung clenches his jaw tightly, trying to contain all the frustration which is quickly bubbling up inside himself.

"Give me another lap!" Taehyung's tears start to well up in his eyes, as the track instructor yells. It's the tipping point for the already overweight boat, as the massive waves come crashing over the top of it. The cargo is thrown over the messy decks. Taehyung stuffs his face in his fluffy pillow, letting out a shrill scream. The storm hits, as tears come quickly, falling down his fat cheeks.

"Please... Just let me sleep," Taehyung whispers, sniffling sadly.

===

"You look like shit," a sarcastic voice announces, Taehyung jolts out of his daydream, looking up to the person speaking to himself. A paper bag is thrown in front of him, and iced coffee beside it.

"Yeah, feeling like it too," Taehyung sighs, weakly opening the bag. "You remember the extra bacon?" Yoongi merely nods, already leaning up against the booth wall, making himself comfortable.

Taehyung takes a bite out of his meal, instinctively looking back down to his phone as it starts buzzing at him. 'Meds.' Is all the alarm says. Yoongi looks down at his friend's phone, his usual apathetic look morphing into a one of concern. "You not sleeping?" Yoongi asks, Taehyung only shakes his head. "Are you sure you don't want me to come over? Or you come over to mine? You always said you slept better next to someone," Yoongi offers. Taehyung looks into his friend's eyes, knowing while his face seems emotionless. His eyes are showing his genuine emotions.

"No, I won't steal you from this mysterious Hoseok," Taehyung teases, trying to air up the situation. The concern coming from his friend is making it almost hard to breathe.

Yoongi sighs, shaking his head and leaning back into his chair, "I've told you, Hoseok is in an interesting line of business. I can't just introduce him to anyone. He says I can only tell one person. Still, we have to be together for much longer before he even considers meeting anyone."

The tired boy shrugs his shoulders, as Yoongi has already told him this a hundred times over, "yeah but the moment he lifts this no meting ban, I'll be the first you introduce, right?" Taehyung asks, hopefully. Yoongi nods silently, too busy studying the tired boy in front of him like he's a work of art. Like he's searching for something in an empty castle, a prized possession in the dull, glassed-over fortress, otherwise his once warm honey-brown orbs. Yoongi remembers when Taehyung's eyes held so much hope and wonder, they shone like the stars themselves. Now it's like the candle inside has been snuffed out, and all that's left him the abandoned shell of a person. He knows how bad Taehyung has had it lately. For the past two years. As sad as it sounds, Yoongi isn't sure if the tired puppy boy has much left in him.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asks, studying his friend carefully as he takes another bite out of his meal.

Taehyung looks up and nods happily, showing the fake smile he has been using lately. Yoongi knows better, his eyes are still empty. "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"You haven't been showing up to class, you have bags under your eyes, your nails are turning yellow, and you have bruises all over your goddamn body."

"Iron deficiency," Taehyung shrugs, looking away. Yoongi knows he's lying. They both know the truth. Neither of them has the energy to go through with the conversation. They've been through it a million times over. Yoongi will ask if Taehyung has been taking his medication. Taehyung will lie and say yes, Yoongi will ask why Taehyung lied, and he'll just shrug.

===

The sound of the car coming to a screeching stop alerts the students hanging around the entrance parking lot to the university. Jungkook steps out the sleek Audi, buttoning up one of his suit buttons as he scans the area. Making profiles on everyone. Hoseok steps out the vehicle quickly after. "Don't make a scene," he growls into his boss' ear. "Remember my boyfriend attends this school," he reminds.

Jungkook's eyes dart down to his accomplice, "let's go meet him then."

"What?"

"Come on, let's see the boy you keep running to every night," Jungkook says, starting to walk into the campus of the university. Students all around the two have their mouths agape, to the point where they must pick their jaws up off the ground, as Jungkook turns to snarl at the students.

===

Ringing is shouted out through the apartment, disturbing the two half-asleep puppies on a small yet comfortable bed. "Taehyung, I have to get that," Yoongi whispers into his friend's hair, kissing the top of his sleepy friend's head. The cat-like boy shakes his head and hugs Yoongi tighter, not allowing him to leave.

"Let it go to voicemail."

"It might be Hoseok, I have to get it," Yoongi says, tapping Taehyung's arms. "Come on, just let me get my phone, and I'll come right back." Taehyung sighs angrily, having sleep almost within his grasp. And not the kind of rest he usually gets once every two weeks, where he's to the point of such exhaustion he just passes outright in the middle of what he's doing. But the kind of sleep one person usually aims to have. Nonetheless, he rolls over and allows his friend to get up and grab the ringing device.

"Hey, Hoseok!"

Taehyung sighs, rolling onto his side, eyes slowly opening to look down at his fingers. The bony hands look back up at him. Is it really that noticeable?

"Yeah you can come over, Tae is here right now though."

It's not like Taehyung hasn't noticed the way Yoongi has been studying him at their regular breakfast meet-ups.

"Are you sure? Your boss?"

All he wants to do is just curl up in a ball and cry at this moment, but Taehyung knows better. That would be cracking in front of Yoongi. Which he just can't do. His friend doesn't know half of the secrets he's kept in his heart these past few months.

"Yeah sure, see you in 5."

Maybe it is time to finally tell his friend?

"Hey, Tae bear," Yoongi whispers, ruffling his friend's hair. Said male rolls back over to meet eyes with his friend. "You finally get to meet Hoseok, and his boss apparently," Yoongi says, smiling as bright as the sun.

"Are you sure? I mean you said your boyfriend was closed off."

"Yeah, it'll be fine. They're on campus and heading over now!"

Taehyung feels a rock drop into his stomach. Fear.

===

I'm so excited for this story

===

25.12.2019

===

ᴇ ᴍ ᴘ ᴛ ʏ