Awake

|CHAPTER SIX

"AHHHHHHHHH!"

BANG!

Taehyung is awoken with a hard start, his head thumping like he's at a heated football rally. His throat screams for water while his brain screams at his unfamiliar surroundings. Taehyung looks to his side, becoming tense when he's not met with the sight of his usual bay window, with the little cactus perched on top. He looks around the room he's in, it's completely different to what he's used to. With decorative samurai swords on the wall and ancient Korean paintings plastered all over the walls. Taehyung rises out from underneath the fluffy blankets, his senses heightened from the scream which broke him out of his sleep. What was that bang? It sounded like a gun.

Taehyung slides open the Japanese style door, finding the whole ordeal quite strange. Taehyung stalks his way through the small hallways, trying to make his way around the unfamiliar surroundings. Taehyung runs his fingers around the wall, trying to intake the interior of the house with the little lighting he has. He looks out a small window to see the moon staring back at him. A cold shiver runs up Taehyung's spine, the unsettling feeling of not being alone starting to set in. Like there are people around, crawling about and around the small house. Where is he?

The house feels icy like no one inhabits it but the rats left behind. Taehyung knows this is not true nonetheless, as it very obviously well kept from the small parts he can see. His eyes are suddenly drawn to a small amount of light peeing out from behind a corner. Taehyung's pace is slowed down to a crawl, as he presses himself up against the wall, unsure of what to do in this situation. The last thing he can remember is passing out in the middle of the university campus. Not his proudest moment.

Taehyung takes a peek around the corner, his breath held tight in his chest. Standing with their back turned is a man. The now scared boy turns back around the corner, breathing laboured and hands to his chest.

"Hello, Taehyung."

"YA!" Taehyung exclaims, jumping about five feet into the air, getting ready to flee the situation. Until the shirtless man finally reveals himself, walking to where Taehyung is poorly hidden. "Oh my god, Jungkook," Taehyung breaths out, a wave of relief washing over him like a tsunami. "YOU SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH!" He then exclaims, slapping Jungkook's very muscular chest.

The gang leader chuckles, "you're not very good at being silent," he comments, walking back into the living room. Finally allowing Taehyung to take in the sight of him completely shirtless, his back seems to just be absolutely covered in toned muscle. It takes all of Taehyung's self-control to not just droll over the male. "I heard you waking up," Jungkook continues, re-catching Taehyung's attention.

"Oh yeah, I heard like a gunshot or something," Taehyung explains, scratching the back of his neck out of embarrassment.

Jungkook gives Taehyung a confused look, "gunshots?" He asks.