Meet

|CHAPTER THREE

Hoseok leads his boss through the familiar university dorms, walking painfully slowly just to stall this meeting. Never when he thought he was going to meet Yoongi's best friend, it'd be with his boss. Although Jungkook and Hoseok have been best friend's ever since Jungkook saved him. It's nerve-racking, nonetheless. The line of work they're both in is questionable at best. Hoseok can feel his palms start to becomes sweaty, nervous of how much information Jungkook might spill to the two they're about to meet. Surely he'll be smart about it? He didn't get to the top by making dumb decisions.

"We're here," Hoseok announces to his boss, shaky hands rattle on the wooden door. Jungkook raises an eyebrow like a disapproving mother. He can tell Hoseok is nervous, he knows him better than anyone else. Including the man himself. The way he's been taking the longest route, stopping to look at anything mildly interesting. It's like he's a distracted child.

They hear loud thumps, a short sharp yell momentarily pierces the air before the door swings open. A short man with jet black hair answers the door. "Hoseok!" He greets, giving a broad smile, showing off his gums. Jungkook watches as Hoseok visibly relaxes, his shoulders dropping, jaw loosening, his eyebrows resting.

"Hey Yoongi, this is my boss, Jungkook," Hoseok introduces. Jungkook nods his heads upwards as a sign of hello. Yoongi smiles awkwardly. The gang leader notices how the boy visibly tenses up, his shoulders rising, teeth-gritting together.

"Well, come in, Taehyung and I are just lounging around," Yoongi says, inviting them in. Jungkook nods as a sign of thanks.

Upon stepping into the room, his eyes set to scan across the most beautiful person he's ever seen in his entire life. The so-called Taehyung is sitting upon a small bed, pushed into a corner. He rubs his eyes sleepily, golden wisps of hair are splayed around messily, yet it does wonders for the boy. As he stretches up, the oversized pastel hoodie lifts ever so slightly up, exposing Taehyung's soft tummy. He gives a cat-like yawn before shaking the sleep from his bones. The boy seems to complete perfection, from the delicate slope of his nose to his slim thighs, cutely squished under his body weight as he sits on his adorable socked feet. Jungkook feels his heart flutter for a split second before he comes to the conclusion that he must have this boy beside him. Already imagining it, ruling over his gang with his prized husband standing by his side. A perfect image.

Jungkook hadn't realised he was staring until this angelic boy is right in front of him. "Hey, I'm Taehyung," he greets, holding out a hand for Jungkook to shake. The gang leader decides to lift his 'no handshakes' rule for this special occasion. Gladly taking the boy's soft hand, shaking firmly.

"Jungkook," he introduces himself, nodding. Taehyung gives a soft smile, making Jungkook's heart melt momentarily. Until he looks into the boy's eyes. There's no emotion there. Like staring into an empty void of nothingness, a starless night. Like all the life that could light a person's eyes has been stolen away. Even in Jungkook's line of business, never has he seen with someone with such dead eyes before. As if the person who once inhabited this body was murdered and in turn, this is all that remains.