Together Forever

| CHAPTER TWENTY

Fresh night air seeps in through the open window, fluttering the curtains as it does so. Taehyung lays sprawled out on the messy sheets, tossing in turning in the desperate attempt for the sleep that will never come. Tonight is one of the few nights in which he is neither with Jungkook or at Jungkook's. For the past month, almost every night has been spent with the absolute hunk of a man wrapping his muscular arms around Taehyung's small waist. Now, without the infamous man, Taehyung feels the effects of his mind at full force. His mind buzzing with thoughts circulating his brain like children on a merry-go-round. Sleep seems to be something made up out of fairytales and wishful thinking. The dead-eyed boy sighs, rolling out from the warm covers.

Socked feet hit the cold floor beneath, as Taehyung slowly shuffles to the bathroom. The dim white light illuminates just how far Taehyung's mental state has gone. Half-empty pill bottles, scattered all over the sink. Only reminding Taehyung that maybe he should clean up his medicine cabinet. Delicate fingers reach up to pull back the glass mirror, only revealing more full, and unfinished pills. Taehyung scoops up the pills scattered around his basin, putting them into any random container. It's not like he is going to take them anyway. The blonde boy sighs, looking up into the mirror after closing the cabinet. Dark purply-blue bags under his eyes stare back. Taehyung leans down to grip the sides of the basin aggressively. Like it's the only thing holding him to this weak reality. Brown eyes stare back and forth at each other. Having an internal battle with himself.

"Jesus fucking christ," Taehyung whispers to himself, stepping back. Lack of lighting makes his bathroom look dull and lifeless, like that of a hospital's. The boy shakes his head, ready to leave the bathroom. Until out of the corner of his eye, a flash. Standing out like a red thumb. The white flash, so stark against the black sky. Taehyung turns his body toward the small window. Gingerly walking toward it, as if quick movements will scare it away like a little mouse.

Another flash.

Taehyung stumbles back, falling over himself. The scared boy pulls himself out the bathroom, forgetting the light. Gasping for air, Taehyung runs over to where his phone sits on the nightstand. Dialling the only number he can think of. Tears pooling up in his eyes like a broken sink. "Taehyung... Why are you awake?" The groggy voice of the infamous gang leader groans.

"S-s-someone's taking pictures of me... Please say you sent them!" Taehyung cries into the receiver. Silence echos through the lines, as if an endless void has consumed them both.

"Stay right where you are, close all windows and curtains. Lock your doors. I will come and get you. Only open the door if you hear me say 'I've got your order.'"

"Okay... I'm waiting..."

===

The compound is quiet, all except for the crunch of leaves under shoes and the sound of quietening sobs. Owls sing their songs, harmonising with small flowing river. Warm arms wrap around the small shaking body, as the two slowly seat themselves in front of the dancing water. Bloodshot eyes stare down at the fish, whose scales gleam under the beautiful moonlight. "Who... Who were they?" Taehyung hiccups, slowly taking control of his sobs.

Silence passes through the two, as Jungkook sucks in a deep breath. "I can't be sure, but I suspect they're from Daejung, a gang trying to rival me," Jungkook whispers, pressing his rough lips to the top of Taehyung's head. Breathing in the elegant scent of his hair.

More silence passes over them, as Taehyung once body wrecking cries turn into small, and in Jungkook's opinion, adorable hiccups. "Jungkook," Taehyung says, his voice hoarse from all the tears. The gang leader hums as a response. "Before anything happens to me-."

"Nothing is going to happen to you," Jungkook quickly cuts in, pecking the top of Taehyung's head once again.

"Let me finish," Taehyung snaps, "before anything happens to me, or to you. Can we please just get one thing out the way... Let's cut the crap and get together already." Unable to form words, Jungkook chokes and splutters on his words. Forming a basic sentence suddenly becomes a difficult task. "Just shut up and say yes," Taehyung chuckles, lightening the once gloomy mood.

"Yes!" Jungkook exclaims a sudden light lights up in his eyes, with the same energy that of a gleeful child. His arms come to wrap Taehyung up in an even stronger bear hug than before. Taehyung giggles to himself, loving the warmth coming from the dangerous man. "Although I wish we could've gotten together under better circumstance," he quickly composes himself.

Taehyung only shakes his head, leaning further back into the warmth of his boyfriend, "I think it's perfect," he whispers.

===

Terrified screams ring through the room, fat crystal balls roll down cheeks. Daejung, emotionless continues to watch from the corner as Seokjin his whipped. Arms chained behind his back, so he's unable to lessen the pain from the metal tip. "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" Seokjin screams, blood and sweating dripping down off the bottom of his lip. "I'm just Namjoon's boyfriend, I've never seen Mr Jeon, let alone speak with him!" Seokjin cries, tears mixing with the blood running down his cheeks. Daejung shakes his head, flicking his dying cigarette.

Another crack of the whip, more screaming. "Can someone please shut him up?" Daejung barks, at an instant a man walks around the back of Seokjin, shoving a dry, scratchy rope into his mouth. Tightening it to the back of his head. Almost to the point where it's unbearable.

Just as Seokjin feels the amount of strenuous pain starts to catch him. His vision starts to blur as voices become distant background noise. "SIR! MR JEON HAS A WEAKNESS!" A watery voice exclaims, bursting into the room. Seokjin's body starts to go limp, as his head begins to feel like a bowling ball, heading for the cold hard floor. "His name is..."

===

01.03.2020

===

ᴇ ᴍ ᴘ ᴛ ʏ