Don't Burn Out

|CHAPTER SIXTEEN
|POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING, BE SAFE MY LOVES

|CHAPTER SIXTEEN|POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING, BE SAFE MY LOVES

Blood-crusted wounds are slowly stitched up with the fine sting-like material. Ringed fingers are balled up as the terrifying man takes all the pain, only wincing slightly as a cool metal needle pierces the soft skin. A level hum of disapproval sounds throughout the room. "I told you I can care for the people myself," Taehyung tuts, his voice muffled from the expensive black face mask, so only Taehyung's cold dead eyes can be seen. Jungkook elects to ignore the ethereal male, opting to just watch as his elegant hands work on sewing his skin back together. For a moment, Jungkook forgets the chaos outside. His gaze is transfixed on how carefully Taehyung's fingers work into keeping infections out. Jungkook stares in amazement at the slim, graceful piano fingers move up and down rhythmically. With his one good hand, Jungkook abruptly reaches out to grab Taehyung's wrist. "I'm going to need my hand back, unless you want your stitches to fray and get an infection," Taehyung comments nonchalantly. Unbothered by the death grip encasing his wrist. The dangerous man's grip slowly ceases to hold the smaller's arm, allowing the man to continue his job. They sit in silence for a few moments, no words need to be exchanged, as Jungkook merely looks on as Taehyung expertly sews up his skin. "All done," Taehyung mumbles, sitting back in his chair. 

Tight rows of sutures stare back up at Jungkook, almost taunting the leader of how he is no good at doing any sort of healing. Only inflicting pain. Jungkook stares dead at the slightly inflamed skin, but he doesn't feel any pain. "The swelling will go down in a bit, don't worry," Taehyung assures, trying to guess what the gang leader is thinking during his prolonged silence. Jungkook looks up to the blonde male, as he packs away his materials, leaving out the needles to be thrown away. An overwhelming feeling to protect the boy washes over Jungkook in tidal waves. The elder male turns to the gang leader, peeling off the face mask, "you did a pretty good job on that cut, I'll give you that," he jokes, turning back to his work.

A few beats of silence fill the air, as Jungkook merely watches the blonde put all the medical supplies back into the rightful place. "Taehyung," Jungkook almost barks out, gaining the dainty boy's attention. The gang leader leans forward all at once, a rough hand grips onto the side of his cheek. Cold metal from Jungkook's many rings is the first thing to surprise Taehyung. Cracked, bitten lips pressed against his are the next thing. The magical boy freezes up for a moment, not sure whats exactly his happening to him. Until he melts like chocolate and strawberries on a hot day, which is precisely what he tastes like according to Jungkook. Soft, plump pillows start to fight back against the other. The gang leader almost breathes a sigh of relief, finally being able to have Taehyung so close. To the point where he can feel Taehyung's long eyelashes brush up against his cheek. Jungkook swiftly moves his tongue against Taehyung's bottom lip, asking, no, begging for permission.

Taehyung can sense the younger's eagerness, and who is he to deny him? Jungkook's muscular arms move down from the elder's face to his waist. Taehyung can feel the immense power Jungkook holds within himself, as the younger lifts him up with ease, seating him into his lap. Taehyung can feel the younger's muscles flex under him, as the gang leader sets him down comfortably. All while continuing the progressively heated make out. Jungkook's tongue explores Taehyung's cavern, relishing in the sweet taste that meets him. A surprise moan erupts from the ethereal boy's throat, which only pulls a possessive growl out of Jungkook. Taehyung's arms lace around Jungkook's neck, as the delicate curves of his body slowly mould into Jungkook's ridged ones. The infamous gang leader's hands bunch up the elder's baggy hoodie, his fingers itching to get underneath.

Soft knocking is barely heard by Taehyung, nor is the opening of the door. The blonde is entirely lost in the moment, feeling the gang leader's possessive gripping around his waist, nearing dangerously to his perky ass. Which Jungkook is eager to squeeze. Reality is quickly brought to them, as Hoseok clears his throat loudly. Taehyung's eyes shoot open, as he abruptly tries to pull away, only to have Jungkook's teeth loosely clamped around his bottom lip. A singular string of saliva connecting them still. Until Taehyung gives another tug, finally escaping Jungkook's powerful grasp. The blonde buries his face into the crook of Jungkook's neck. His face crimson with embarrassment.

"What do you want Hoseok?" Jungkook asks, completely unbothered by the sudden unexpected visitor. There is never really time alone, especially in a time of crisis. Jungkook knows this lack of privacy well. The dangerous man pet's Taehyung's head like he's a small puppy, twirling the blonde locks in his fingers.

"I've come to check if you've been stitched up, and are ready to consult further on the issue," Hoseok states, also seemingly unbothered.

Taehyung can feel Jungkook hum, the low rumble of his vocal cords working to produce the deep voice which sends shivers down his spine. "What is the damage looking like now?" Jungkook asks.

"Most of the wounded have either been disposed of, or taken care of. How do we proceed?"

The gang leader sighs, "start the initiations. Take Jimin with you, get all the new recruits to go kill a man or something. Tell them the rules of the gang, if they decide they want out, they can join the rest of our wounded in the wood chipper," Jungkook orders. Hoseok nods.

"Is that all, Sir?"

Jungkook thinks for a few moments more, "tell all the recruits a number, doesn't matter what order or how you do it." The gang leader looks down to the still embarrassed kitten on his lap. "Doll, give me a number," Jungkook whispers soothingly, his ringed fingers becoming tangled in the golden wisps of hair. Hoseok watches silently as Taehyung mumbles a few inaudible words to the man holding him close. "Whoever is number seventy-two. Bring him to me," Jungkook then speaks again.

"As you wish," Hoseok confirms, bowing before taking his leave once again.

"Is he gone?" Taehyung whispers, the embarrassment still holding him hostage. Jungkook lets out an airy chuckle, kissing the top of Taehyung's head. "Don't laugh at me, I'll bite your dick off!" The elder snaps, pulling himself out of the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"Who says I wouldn't like that?" Jungkook teases, a smirk playing at his lips. Taehyung's face drops.

"Oh my! Your stitches!" Taehyung suddenly remembers, jumping up off Jungkook's lap to grab a soother for the pain. "I'm so sorry, I forgot," the elder mutters, shaking his head as the fumbles through the endless medical supplies. Jungkook only watches on in amazement, once again wondering how one's hands can do so much in terms of healing. Even in Jungkook's feeble attempt to help, he's managed to not only drop a scalpel into his arm but also proceed to cut himself deeply trying to pull it out. Yet Taehyung manages to help many people, all while having to see through the hard plastic of a fox mask. "Here, take this," Taehyung says, dragging Jungkook back to reality with the placement of a pill and a glass of water. Now Taehyung sits back, observing the gang leader as he swallows the pill. "What are you thinking about?" Taehyung suddenly asks.

Jungkook places his glass down, staring into Taehyung's cold, dead eyes for a few moments. Searching for any hint of emotion. To no avail. "I'm thinking of you. How you can help people, instead of inflicting pain. Which is all I can do," Jungkook admits truthfully.

"You cut yourself short," Taehyung pipes up suddenly. "Healing is not always a good thing, sometimes, you need the ability to inflict pain. So long as long as you don't burn out."

Jungkook looks into the dead-eyed boy, "I don't burn out," he growls.

===

20.02.2020

===

ᴇ ᴍ ᴘ ᴛ ʏ