Attack

|CHAPTER NINE

Sunlight begins to pour in through the bay window only to fall upon tired eyes with a purple and blue sunset underneath them. Taehyung has been watching the sky from his bed since it first turned into the beautiful fires at 7pm. His eyelids feel heavy yet, his brain can't seem to stop running like an angry child on sugar. Taehyung wants to just roll over into his warm sheet and leave the world to rot as he wallows in self-pity. Sleep feels like something so intangible to Taehyung at this moment, it might as well be dancing with the fairies and dragons in the lake. He wants to scream, cry, break something. But Taehyung can't do anything. Except for look out the bay window, as the sun slowly peeks up over the university, while the football team yells at each other on the field.

That's when he sees it.

Had Taehyung not been paying attention, it could've slipped by like a leaf in a river. But in a sleepy daze, the quick flash of a camera stands out like a tree in the desert. Taehyung's eyes snap open, using the little strength he has left to push himself up with his thin arms. His eyes search around the campus, looking for where the quick flash came from. Sleep no longer holds him as a prisoner as Taehyung's fragile body starts to pump full of adrenaline. Brown orbs inspect every inch of grounds.

Another flash.

Taehyung sees is now, his eyes wide. Clear as day, there a man stands near the Science block, a big camera in hand. Taehyung sits up straight now, looking dead into the man's soul. His breath seems to be caught in his lungs. There's no mistake. Taehyung stands up, jumping off his bed down onto the padded floor beneath. Fear now spiking through his veins like a drug. Unsure of what to do, Taehyung scrambles behind the kitchen counter, cursing his open-plan dorm room.

Hands start to shake, Taehyung's breathing becomes rapid as if he's chocking above ground. He curls up into a ball. Tears want to escape, but it's like he's underwater, pounding on the ice roof, the cold is surrounding him. He wants to scream but is afraid of inhaling. Paralysed.

===

Yoongi sits up straight in his bed, disturbing Hoseok in his sleep. Without missing a beat, the male jumps out of the warm confinements of his bed. Hoseok grumbles in his sleep, yawning like a cat. Yoongi hurriedly tries to get his slippers on, seemingly unable to leave his dorm fast enough. "Babe? What are you doing?" Hoseok asks, still half asleep.

"I have to see Taehyung," he tries to explain, rushing around the dorm like an angry mother, searching for his keys and phone.

"What's wrong, has something happened?" Hoseok asks, his anxiety starting to kick in.

Yoongi shakes his head, "no, I just have an awful feeling, I'll be back soon," he explains, snatching his keys and running out of the dorm.