Queen

| CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Early morning sun creeps up over the calm compound, as night-shift workers greet their coworkers as they begin their day, swapping the workloads. Jeon Jungkook stands watch over all that he has built, everything so carefully calculated. Only now, the warmth of another body joins him on these cold mornings. Taehyung presses himself close to Jungkook, basking in the heat radiating off the slightly taller male. Sleep is still heavy in the air, as Taehyung's loose cotton pyjamas barely cling to his healing skin. "Go back to bed, Doll," Jungkook whispers to his love, secretly revelling in the small portion of affection being shown.

For so long, Taehyung has been afraid to show any emotion at all. Now slowly, the boarded-up mind lets down its guard. "But the bed is cold without you," the dirty-blonde whines merely hugging the gang leader tighter. Jungkook lets out a dry chuckle, his gaze never breaking from the compound. "Don't laugh at me, whore," Taehyung huffs, pulling back from the hug.

Only then does Jungkook finally turn around to meet eye to eye with his love, a playful smirk toying with his lips. "Do you want me to come to cuddle with you then, is that it?" The gang leader questions, looking down at his amazing boyfriend. Noticing the last of Daejung and his men's effect on Taehyung's caramel shoulder as his shirt slips off. Taehyung shrinks at the feeling of Jungkook's burning gaze on the sign of his abuse and itching feeling crawls over his body. A sense of needing to hide and run away. The gang leader's attention is brought back up to Taehyung's face upon noticing the effect his gaze has on the older. "Is that my shirt?" Jungkook asks, finally seeing the item he is wearing.

A sleepy hum rings throughout the air while Taehyung does a small spin, "I think I wear is better, don't you?" Jungkook rolls his eyes playfully, wrapping his muscular arms around the smaller's tiny waist.

"Yes, Doll. You wear it so much better than I ever could imagine, how do you do it? Teach me your ways!" Jungkook jokes deciding to humour the boy, in response Jungkook is granted a beautiful sight. The angelic boy tilts his head back and lets out a laugh which could cure all the sadness in the world as if his laughter was orchestrated by the heavens itself.

Taehyung wiggles a finger in front of Jungkook's face, shaking his head, "a magician never reveals his secrets." Which only elicits a confused look out of the gang leader.

"You didn't even do a magic trick," Jungkook begins, "and I've been looking for that shirt for weeks now!" Taehyung only gives a cheeky smile before twirling out of Jungkook's grip, dancing away into their shared bathroom. Jungkook gives a small content sigh, turning around to continue looking out upon all he has created.

"When is my official coronation?" Taehyung sing-songs from the bathroom, catching the gang leader off guard. "I mean, everyone knows I'm basically your queen already. Plus I've heard rumour of you telling everyone I'll be officially announced," Taehyung continues explaining. He quickly pokes his head out of the bathroom to try and get a glimpse of Jungkook's reaction.