Die Tonight

| CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
| TRIGGER WARNING: GORE, SELF HARM, RAPE
| THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT OF SELF HARM, IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS EXPERIENCING SELF HARM OR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, PLEASE LOOK TOWARD THE END OF THIS CHAPTER FOR SUICIDE HOTLINES
| YOU ARE NOT ALONE

| CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE| TRIGGER WARNING: GORE, SELF HARM, RAPE| THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT OF SELF HARM, IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS EXPERIENCING SELF HARM OR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, PLEASE LOOK TOWARD THE END OF THIS CHAPTER FOR SUICIDE ...

The room is dark, just like everything else in Taehyung's fading life. Jagged and torn fingernails continue to dig into his supple flesh. Until spots of blood tear through the broken and cracked skin. With Daejung having just finished his daily run through with Taehyung, the blonde isn't sure how much longer he can put up with this. Every day seems to drag out into the next, his sense of time slowly melting away as nothing feels real anymore. After shutting himself down, the ever-growing feeling of helplessness seems to take over. Sometimes, accepting the darkness just feels more manageable.

If Jungkook really loved Taehyung, wouldn't he already have come and gotten him? Self-doubt eats away at Taehyung. All while his dead eyes stare blankly forward, the back of his eyelids is like a horror movie. Never knowing what shot of this hell, he will experience every time he blinks. Sleep is something to avoid. Because whether it's Daejung, or from the last time he was taken advantage of, something horrific is always there to jolt him awake.

Taehyung's sad eyes trail down to his blood-covered hands, staring down at his red and inflamed skin, a broken smile cracks over his lips. Maybe it's time to finally let the darkness in. As the dawning realisation falls upon him. Jungkook isn't coming. With his sharp nails, Taehyung digs his fingers into the weakest points of his skin. Blood is quick to rise, as Taehyung continues to piece apart the seams of his flesh. Hot pain rushes through Taehyung's veins, yet the male can't stop. Even so, he seems to thrive off it. As if it's a drug. So addictive, like the pain, is his favourite meal. The only thing which burns through his nervous system is pain. The only thing he's felt in a while. With a sharp thumbnail, Taehyung starts digging further and further into the delicate flesh of his wrists. Blood pouring over. Almost to the point where his vision starts to blur. Finally, it's as if Taehyung's boarded up mind rids itself of all feeling. As the blonde's fingers drive deep into his skin. A rush of relief falls over the blonde. Two fingers deep into the wound as Taehyung attempts to try and rip his arm apart. Slowly pulling apart the two sides of his skin, the crimson liquid pours itself out onto his clothes. Staining everything it touches. A haze falls over Taehyung's vision. Maybe he'll finally free himself from this hell. As his skin does everything, it can to stop itself from tearing like paper.

A loud banging on Taehyung's prison door is the only thing that makes the blonde stop. With his thumb dug deep into the warm crimson liquid, blood covering his fingers. The door starts to open.

===

The compound is loud, with people running around. Dangerous weapons are being handed out to whoever can get their hands on them. Jungkook watches it all unfold from his office, a Rothmans cigarette hanging from his mouth. His ringed fingers come to clasp the cancerous stick in between his fingers. Hoseok watches from his position, as his boss' gun glistens under the dim lighting of his office. "Hoseok, do you know why I picked you?" Jungkook suddenly asks, turning to his friend. The male shakes his head. "Because I could see, you're loyal. Do you see those men running out there? Doing my bidding?" With a confused look, Hoseok hesitantly nods, unsure of where this conversation is going. "By the end of tonight, simply because they do not trust in me enough. Most of them will be dead."