Rival

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The door clicks closed behind the two males leaving the room, giving Namjoon time to look Jungkook dead in the eye, "are you sure about the fox mask?" He asks.

The gang leader glares at the strip club owner, "are you questioning my judgement?"

"People will think you are becoming weak. Your reputation is built upon you being cold and unable to feel. You will be targeted," Namjoon explains.

Jungkook snarls at his friend, "I will show them just how unlovable I can be." His voice is cold and soulless.

Namjoon sighs, giving up on the conversation, "well, we still need to talk about Daejung, will he become a problem?" He asks.

"No. I'll be making sure of that. If this guy wants to come in and tread all over my territory, I'll make him regret it."

"I think you underestimate him," Namjoon warns.

The gang leader shakes his head, "just a few days ago I killed another 'rising gang leader,' this Daejung will not be any different."

"He has more control than you think. I've been the only one to reach out; everyone else thought I was dumb to defy Daejung."

Jungkook looks up to the man standing in front of him, "who else?"

"Half of the territory."

A vase is broken.

===

The two sit in comfortable silence, dried tears stain the blonde's cheeks. "I want to stay with him... see how it plays out..." Taehyung mumbles.

"Then you should," Seokjin encourages, rubbing comforting circles around the smaller's arm, attempting to sooth the boy from his breakdown.

"My whole life, I've been told to fear this guy. I just don't know if I can..."

Seokjin looks Taehyung in his eyes, only to realise they hold no emotion. Like Taehyung is just a robot trying to simulate a human. His eyes are cold and dead, making Seokjin wonder if all the tears and fear were all fake, to begin with. Bubbling fear rises in the elder male, yet he manages to swallow it. "Well if I were you, I'd stick with Jungkook. He's not just what the stories say, I know there's a cold heart in there somewhere," Seokjin reassures, gulping back the pure terror rising in him as Taehyung's soulless eyes continue to stare back. The younger lulls his head back, knowing that Seokjin is telling the truth. His heart feels conflicted; his mind is torn. "Come, we should go back, they'll come looking soon," Seokjin sighs, petting Taehyung's arm. The two rise to the feet and walk back down the long halls to the main room. Seokjin can finally let out a silent breath of relief. Not even Jungkook's cold eyes could strike that much fear within him.