Back to Work

| CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Taehyung watches from his place on the couch, as he looks over Jungkook's shoulder, watching the male scrawl down information on a billion different sheets of paper. A vague feeling of warmth creeps up on Taehyung. The feeling of distant happiness, locked deep down in his mind slowly begins to reveal itself. For the first time in months, a smile cracks across Taehyung's stale lips. As the boarded-up house begins to lower its defences. Maybe the outside world isn't as bad as it seems.

BANG!

Loud knocking on the door jolts Taehyung from his temporary happiness, shutting up his mind once again. Realising why he put up his defences. Jungkook turns around, his eyes full of sympathy. "I have to go into one of my offices to work out some shipments, Yoongi and Seokjin are here to keep you company," Jungkook explains. But all he is met with is the same cold, dead eyes as usual. Completely unaware of the moments happiness running through them mere seconds before. A sad smile spreads across Jungkook's lips as he gets up to answer the door.

"I NEED TO SEE MY BABY!" Seokjin exclaims, upon being granted entry. Just barely kicking off his shoes before running through to the living room. Ignoring Jungkook and ditching Yoongi at the front door.

Yoongi gives Taehyung's lover a sad smile, "I'll make sure Seokjin doesn't try to overfeed the poor boy," Yoongi jokes sadly. Only earning a sad smile from Jungkook and a half-hearted chuckle. "It'll be okay... Taehyung's stronger than you think. He just needs some time," he shorter reassures.

Tears well up in the gang leader's eyes for a split second, only just being caught by Yoongi. Jungkook quickly recomposes himself, "thank you," he mumbles quickly. Before shoving on his shoes and leaving. Yoongi sighs sadly, taking the time to mentally prepare himself to see Taehyung. Gingerly, he kicks off his boots, walking throughout the hallways at a leisurely pace, as if avoiding his task at hand. As soon as Yoongi's eyes set upon the still ethereal male, a dagger is stabbed into his heart. A sharp pang of sorrow overtakes the boy. All their work to try and rid Taehyung of his past horrors. Only for it to be all for nothing.

"Hey Tae bear," Yoongi greets, stepping further into the room. Only to see Seokjin already starting to cook a feast for the three. The dirty-blonde haired boy looks up to his best friend, eyes holding no recognition. Yoongi gives his friend a sheepish smile, knowing deep down, he needs to be strong for his broken friend. "We should get your roots redone. Maybe we could take a day trip? When you feel better?" Yoongi suggests, smiling brightly to his friend. Only to be met with the dark under-eye bags of his friend. "I've been watering your plants... The little ones on your bedside window sill thing..." Yoongi tries to start a conversation.

Careful steps place the shorter beside the broken boy's side, as he slowly brings himself to the floor. Neatly placing himself atop of his legs. "I was always so jealous of your dorm room... But now it's like you're never in there..." Yoongi chuckles to himself, bowing his head to allow a few tears to slip past. "Maybe I should just move in," the shorter's voice cracks, as the dam of tears begins to break. As if a blanket of silence covers the room, Yoongi starts to sob. Keeping his eyes downcast the entire time. A hand is placed upon Yoongi's shoulder, causing him to look up at Seokjin. A sad smile spread across his lips.