Man on the Inside

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"We outnumbered them, three to one, how the fuck did they still win?" Daejung growls, his knuckles turning white as his fists are balled up. The nurse says nothing and continues to disinfect the cuts running down Daejung's face. Hyejin only glares at the man beside her, anger flowing through her veins as if it were blood. "Yet, those motherfuckers still manage to hold down. I need to get into little Jeon's head," Daejung says to himself. Eyes blown wide with insanity, a dirty hand runs up to pull at his hair.

Hyejin scoffs, looking away from the insane man, "Jeon has no weaknesses, you of all people know this. No lover keeps everyone at a distance, ruthless. Just fucking give up," she snaps, anger overwhelming her. "It's not too late, we can still go back to how things were before, Jeon isn't going to break," Hyejin furthers her point. Daejung only stares forward blankly as the nurse finishes patching him up. The gang leader's eyes feel empty as if his soul has taken refuge inside himself. "Daejung, please just give up," Hyejin now begs, screwing her eyes shut as a tear begins to roll down her cheek.

Daejung remains emotionless, blankly staring forward. "I have a man on the inside," he growls. An underlying heat to his words makes Hyejin's skin burn. Daejung's arm shakes with pure fury, the kind only a twisted demon from the depths of hell could hold. "COME IN!" Daejung yells, head jerking to the big surgical suite doors. Two guards bust through the doors, in their arms another man thrashing around, trying to get out of their grip. Hyejin looks on in disbelief. "This, my love, is my man on the inside," Daejung present, showing a hand to man as he's tied down. Mouth, and arms bound so he can't escape. "If you remember the first cheating scum strip club owner. He desperately tried to hide this little beauty from us," Daejung chuckles, now getting up to approach the hostage. The terrified hostage looks up into the gang leader's eyes, surreal burning anger jumps out at Daejung when he does so. "Seokjin, is it? He will either tell us little Jeon's weakness. Or he'll lure the man himself right into my arms."

Hyejin now stands up, grabbing her bags and jacket, "you're insane, Daejung," she growls, slipping on her shoes. The gang leader's head snaps up, looking toward the girl. "I'm not staying here, I'm not watching you kill yourself. And I don't care if you shoot me on your way out," Hyejin declares, making hard eye contact with her boyfriend. Daejung, emotionless watches as the woman hurriedly gathers her things. "This isn't how you're going to win the gang war. You know that."

No one moves, as Hyejin walks past them all. Heels clicking on the floor becoming softer and softer. The doors opening echo through the surgical room, slamming on her way out. The gang leader only pulls out his gun, pointing it down to the helpless man on the floor. "I think we can all agree that should you ever see your little boyfriend again, you'll just tell me what I want to know," Daejung growl. Pulling back the slide.

===