THREE.

MAY, 2017.

I'm not going to listen.

No way. I can't. It'll only hurt too much.

I sit at my laptop in my kitchen, just staring at the page. It's right there.

All I have to do is click play.

But, I shouldn't.

I huff, picking my phone up and dialing Blair's number.

She'll know what to do.

"Don't listen to it, Monet."

"But, Blair..." I pout to myself.

"Monet, you know what happens after. You listen to it and then you start crying and then you miss him and then you're calling him or showing up at his house. It's not good. You need to let him go."

"But it's my fault. I just want to—"

"Don't you think there's a reason why you chose Wesley over him?"

"I didn't choose Wes—"

"Monet, as much as you think it's your fault, it's just as much his. Dating him wasn't good for you. He never made you feel good enough and you said that to me yourself. He was always gone and never made the time. What makes you think it'll be different this time?"

"We're older...we're...we're..."

"You deserve to be happy. So don't listen to it and go to bed."

You deserve to be happy. Ha.

What if my happiness lies with him?

I open Twitter.

Bad idea.

'If this album don't bring Marry back together I don't believe in love.'

'Thinking about how Sweet Creature, Only Angel, AND From the Dining Table are all about MONA!!!'

'Harry is still in love with Mona, and the proof is in From the Dining Table.'

'Everyone is talking about From the Dining Table but not enough people are talking about the fact that H used to call Mona his sweet creature and he has a song named Sweet Creature where he literally fucking says 'but we're still young' and 'wherever I go you bring me home' and Mona used to travel w him because he felt more at home. I hate my life.'

'I'm sorry but Woman?? Is literally?? About?? Mona?? And Wesley???'

'This album bleeds "I miss Soleil Monet Monroe" and it hurts me to see how much pain he's in.'

'Someone get these people back together.'

I shut my phone off and swallow hard.

So he did write about me.

Fuck it.

I click play and sit back, shutting my eyes.

-

So, maybe I made a mistake.

It's currently 3am and I am on my third run through, crying my entire heart and soul out. Each time I hear him sing the songs about me, it only gets worse.

Who's to say they're even about me?

But it's so damn obvious. I just don't want to seem narcissistic.

I have wine now. Okay, had. I may be halfway done with the bottle. It only brings out the emotions more.

Everything is so dizzy and blurry. But it doesn't stop me. No matter how much it should.