EIGHT.

JULY, 2017. CONT.

Control yourself, Mona.

It's becoming harder and harder watching Harry from across the room. He's so good with people. I've never really been good at that. When we were dating, he was always the one introducing me to people and cracking jokes.

I would just stand there to the side and laugh at them, staring at him with those shiny eyes.

"Your drool is showing." Blair murmurs to me as she stands beside me, drink in hand.

"Shut up." I grumble, grabbing her drink and downing the rest.

"You want him so bad." She snickers.

"And it's so wrong." I pinch the bridge of my nose and shut my eyes.

"Not wrong at all. I like him better for you. Wesley's just a dick who thinks he can use his charm to get away with things."

"He doesn't even have charm."

"Exactly." Blair pauses. "He's been watching you all night, you know."

"I find that hard to believe."

"Oh please. That man is so far up your ass he could come out of your mouth. You guys are perfect for each other it's insane. Stop acting like you're not good enough for him."

"I'm not good enough for him."

"So then why does he still have your picture up in his house?"

I look at her, bewildered.

"What?"

"I went over there about a week ago to check in on him. He seemed off. Clearly from having to be so distant from you. I went to the bathroom and passed his bedroom. The man still has a polaroid of you in his room. Right next to his bed."

Polaroid. I remember the exact one.

The one he took while I was sitting on top of him, half naked. My hair was a mess and my lipstick was smudged. We were tipsy and giggling like teenagers. I took one of him and he took one of me.

"I have the matching one in my nightstand."

"Swallow your pride. Break up with Wesley and win him back. No matter what it takes." Blair simply states before walking off.

I inhale and shake my head.

He's walking up to me.

"You look sparkling tonight." He says as he stands beside me.

"So do you." I laugh.

"Is me being here bothering you?" He suddenly asks.

"No, Harry." I assure him.

"You look uncomfortable for a reason then."

"Wesley's drinking a lot tonight." I comment.

"I assume that's not good."

"It never is." I sigh.

"I should probably head home, then."

I turn to him.

"Why?" I quickly ask.

"Your boyfriend already seems to be upset with my presence. Him guzzling booze down won't help the case." Harry shrugs.

"You don't need to leave, H."

Harry brushes his thumb against my cheekbone and grins at me.

"Try the apple pie. It's just how you like it."