THIRTY-TWO.

JUNE, 2019. CONT.

Blair comes running full speed at me as I wait for her outside the private jet. It took me a while because the Uber I called got a bit lost. All that mattered now, was she was here and we could leave.

She throws her arms around me and I completely come undone. Feeling every emotion in my body escape through my tears and sobs. She doesn't question me for a second, she just continues to hold me until I feel okay again.

When she pulls away, she places her hands on my wet cheeks, wiping the rest away with her thumbs. She then takes my hand and guides me toward the jet.

"Come on, let's go." She softly tells me.

On the plane, I down a bottle of water as Blair wipes the drying blood off my forehead from when I crashed. She scolded me for not going to the hospital, but she knows I could care less what happens to me right now.

"It was all a lie, Blair." I whisper, breaking the silence between us as she cleans my face.

She leans back to study my expressions, confusion on her own face. I stare down at my bare ring finger, feeling the anger and the hurt flood back to me.

I know she's waiting for me to speak again. So, I let it all spill out and explain everything. From seeing Harry that night and planning our future, to River's last resort marriage proposal, to the contract.

She's sitting there with a shocked expression. And then she begins to cry.

"I can't believe I didn't see how miserable you were." She whimpers.

I roll my eyes and laugh, throwing my arms around her.

"Guess I'm just such a good actor." I joke.

Blair snorts, wiping her eyes before hugging me back.

-

It's late when we arrive to the hospital. I enter with a distraught expression. It's starting to hit me that he's here and something's wrong.

I'm immediately greeted by Gemma who's standing at the coffee pot. She drops her cup and hurries to me, pulling me into her arms.

"Talk to me Gemma." I beg, holding her face in my hands.

"He took a Taxi to get out of the house, I don't know. But he never made it to wherever he wanted to go." She whispers, her eyes full of stress and heartbreak.

"Is he okay? Tell me he's okay." I plead, eyes watering.

"I don't know. We don't know anything. He hasn't waken up yet." She informs me.

"God..." I croak out.

"Come on, you can see him." Gemma pulls my arm to go down the hall with her.

I step back, shaking my head.

"He won't want me in there. And your mom sure as hell won't either."

Gemma rolls her eyes, "When are you going to get it through your head that no matter what happens he'll always love you? And we will too."

I hesitate, biting my lip as I turn to Blair. She aggressively nods, pointing down the hall aggressively.

The walk to his room is nerve wracking. My heart is pounding against my chest as we reach his room. There are two guards standing on each side of the door, whom Gemma mentions that I'm okay to enter and they nod, opening the door for us.

Inside, I can feel the cold air. It wasn't that cold out in the waiting room. But this is different. It wasn't temperature. It was the single chill that had run down my spine upon seeing him.