SEVEN.

JULY, 2017.

How great.

I was coming home one evening when I noticed a figure on my doorstep. And sure enough, it's Wesley. He basically told me he wasn't leaving until things were fixed between us.

Obviously I couldn't turn him away because he seemed sincere and I'd look heartless. So, here he is, living in my house for the time being.

Honestly, I'm probably just going to fake it until he's satisfied enough to go back to London. But, it's been three days and he's getting pretty comfortable.

Harry and I have spoken a few times. We kept our word and only spoke as people who had just met. I didn't realize how bad it would suck.

I hate small talk.

But it's not really small talk with Harry. He makes it tolerable.

"Do you like your eggs?"

No.

"Yes, they're great." I grin, scooping more into my mouth.

"Don't choke now." Wesley chuckles, sipping on his coffee.

"They're just...so good." I faintly laugh.

"So, I saw on your phone that you're having a party with your family tonight?"

"You looked at my phone?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Was just checking the time, love." He reassures me.

Yeah, right.

But when I even get close to his phone, he flips out on me.

"Well, it's more of a dinner party. Classy. Friends and family. Celebrating a role my brother got."

"Should I come? I mean, I haven't seen them in a while."

Because they hate you.

"You know what? Sure!" I slap a plastic smile on.

If it gets him out of here sooner.

"Great. I should probably head down to the shops then."

"For what?" I raise a brow.

He glances at his phone and nervously laughs. He gets up and kisses my head.

"Gotta look presentable for your family, love."

Liar.

Once he's gone, I toss the eggs away and grab a bagel, popping it in the toaster. As I wait, I feel my phone vibrating. It's Blair.

"How are things with the hubby going?" She teases.

"I want him gone." I grumble, reaching for the bagel that pops up.

"That bad?"

"He invited himself to my parents' party and then just left for a booty call."

"How'd you know it's a booty call?"

"He said he was going to go shopping to look presentable. We both know he could care less if he impresses anyone."