FORTY-NINE.

NOVEMBER, 2019. CONT.

To be fair, I was emotional.

At least that's what I tell myself when I wake up beside the familiar sight of Harry sleeping beside me, naked.

It sort of just happened. Sounds like a basic excuse, but it really did. He was holding me and he was so warm and soft and gentle and I remember all the nights he would just hold me the way he did.

I don't know what he meant when he said he'd never let me go. But I knew it was enough for that moment. Because next thing I know, I'm kissing him and he's holding my face like it's made of glass.

We ended up making out on the floor with his front door still wide open. By the time we actually made it to his bedroom, we were already halfway undressed.

It felt different. Like nothing I've ever felt with him before. He was gentle and caring and the way he touched me was like he was admiring very delicate art. He whispered such dirty things but followed them up by sweet, kind words that I melted for.

Which leaves us here, in his bed after we've made a mess of his sheets. The sheets are pulled to my chest where I hold them securely as I study him.

Last night, he looked so tired and broken down. Now, he looks so well rested and has a certain glow to him. I can't help but wonder if I had anything to do with it.

I also can't help but wonder if he meant anything.

Harry shifts beside me, his body stretching causing his back muscles to flex and retract and I swallow thickly.

He's too beautiful.

"Sometimes I think you wake up early on purpose just to watch me sleep." He speaks, deep morning voice muffled by the pillow against his cheek.

In reality, I wake up early because I miss him too much.

But I won't tell him that.

"Caught me." I quietly reply, not as teasingly as he did.

He notices this and lifts his head from his pillow. His pretty green eyes search me, trying to figure out what is exactly going through my mind right now.

"You think I regret it." He flatly says.

Damn him.

Always knows what's going on in there.

"A lot's happened." I shrug. "I don't blame you for using me as an outlet."

Harry sits up at this, shaking his head rapidly as he leans against the headboard. I scoot up as well so I can sit beside him.

"I wouldn't use you, Soleil. Honestly, I just figured you needed to let out some of your aggression so I let you do your thing. Hence why I never took over."

He was right about that. Not once was he on top. It was just me, riding him like I was writing a book with my hips.

"I did need it." I murmur.

"There was a lot built up, though. Wanna tell me what's wrong?" He faces me, turning his body entirely.

I sigh and criss cross my legs, facing him as well. His eyes flicker down to my chest as the sheet slips and I pull it back up.

He's a teenager.

"Well, I'm pretty sure Blair told you everything. Like how I was staying with Benny."

His shoulders tense, "Yeah, she did."

"Oh, trust me. You're gonna like this." I huff. "Benny's my half brother."