TWENTY-SIX.

APRIL, 2019.

I'm guilty.

I'll admit that.

I cheated on River. How the hell do I even deserve happiness at this point?

Truth is, I don't.

Frankly, I'm not too surprised about what happened in the bathroom at Alessandro's. It was bound to happen and I knew it myself. I'm pretty sure Harry knew it too just by the way he looked at me.

There's just something about him. About us together that's just so addicting. I can't control who I am around him. I'm sure it's the same for him.

We promised that it would never happen again. It was just a slip up. We both have significant others whom we love a lot. We just needed to get over the tension.

That's what we said.

What we promised.

That promise only turned into showing up at Harry's house with an itch that River didn't want to scratch.

But that was the last time.

Until Harry showed up at my house after him and Grace got into a fight.

So that was the last time.

And then he fucked me in a hotel room.

We tried to stop. We really did. I told him I had River and he had Grace and he agreed. But the more we continued, the harder it got to stop.

He's so addicting.

And I am a terrible fucking person.

We have to stop.

"Right there!" I cry out, my nails digging into Harry's shoulder.

Okay, maybe after this one.

Harry railed me so good that the bed frame almost broke. It made us laugh so hard we couldn't breathe.

We lie there, beside each other, panting heavily.

Room 405.

It had become our little safe haven. The place we'd go without the fear of getting caught.

Harry had been paying to keep the room for us. Of course, the front desk doesn't know that. Rumors would spread like a wildfire. So we show up separately. Acting as if we have no idea the other is in the same hotel.

Until we make it back here.

"You drive me so fucking insane." Harry whispers, his fingers twisting in my hair.

I place my hand on his face and smirk, my fingers brushing against the growing stubble on his cheeks.

"How insane?" I purr.

Harry doesn't speak. Instead, his head disappears under the covers and I feel him making his way toward my hips. His hands grab my thighs roughly. Without warning, I feel his mouth on me.

"Oh my God." I moan, jerking my hips toward him.

When I finish and he's done drinking from the Nile River, we lie together again. I twist my fingers through his hair, sighing heavily.

"River comes home tomorrow." I murmur.

Harry groans as he buries his face into my neck.

"So does Grace." His nose scrunches up.

"Back to reality." I sigh again.

Harry's fingers trace patterns over my skin as he lies there. He looks focused. Like he's thinking a mile a minute but doesn't know what to say.