FOUR.

MAY, 2017. CONT.

Okay, Mona, do not panic.

I nervously begin to laugh.

Isn't this just great?

"Um...come in?" I offer, opening the door further.

He passes me and I shut the door behind me. I have no idea what to do with myself right now.

I follow him into the living room where he stands uncomfortably. I gesture to the couch and he shakes his head. So, I sit down because my legs feel like Jello.

"I wasn't going to call. I wasn't going to text. Hell, I wasn't even going to show up at your door. But, the more and more I listened to that...voicemail, I couldn't help myself."

It's nice to hear his voice actually speaking to me again.

"Harry," I sigh, "I'm really sorry. I was drunk and your album just made me so emotional. And lately I've been thinking more and more about you and how my life has been so empty without you and I wish I could just take it all back. I wish I could go back to that day and pick you over him because no matter what you're always going to be—"

Harry drops down beside me and throws his arms around me. I stop rambling, shocked by the sudden action. But, I don't take it for granted.

I'd never take him for granted.

Cautiously, I wrap my arms around him and let myself be engulfed by him. He smells so good. And he's so warm. I've missed this.

I've missed him.

It's home.

"I've missed you too, sunlight." His soft voice speaks into my ear.

I feel tears well up in my eyes.

Is this real?

When we pull away, he frowns at the tears streaming down my face. He tries his best to wipe them away but they just keep flowing out.

"Why are you crying?"

"It's just...I never thought you'd be here. I never thought I'd see you again and now you're here and I hate myself because you forgave me when you shouldn't have. I'm a bad person, H. I ruined our friendship." I sniffle.

Harry places his hands on the sides of my face, using his thumbs to gently wipe my tears away.

"Nothing you could ever do would ever change the way I see you, Soleil. I don't care what happens, I'm
always going to forgive you. I am always going to be here for you."

"I hurt you, Harry." I whisper.

"I wasn't perfect. I pushed you away and you turned to someone else. It's not your fault."

I look up at him through my wet eyes. He's beaming at me and I can't help but smile and cry even more. Because he's right here.

"I won't let you go again." I assure him, placing a hand on his face.

Harry wraps his arms around me again, burying his face in my neck.

-

I wake up on the couch the next morning. There's a weight on my stomach and I look down to see Harry sound asleep in between my legs, his head resting on my rib cage.

It's still real.

I grin to myself before slowly slipping off the couch. I pray he doesn't wake up as I tip toe into my bedroom. I grab some clothes for the day and take a quick shower before Harry can even wake up.