#11: ouch.

-in which luna experiences her first hospital visit, harry is on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and soleil is on a plane.

OCTOBER, 2023.

I don't think I've ever been more excited to go home. This weekend had been way too long and exhausting and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep in my own bed.

I had been in LA since Friday, meeting with some brands to help create the fashion line I've been working on for months now. Things are finally picking up, thankfully, but the anxiety of it all was tiring.

God bless Harry, though. He had been texting me all weekend and making sure I was doing okay while also sending pictures of Luna and MJ and even himself in a few. And at night when I was too anxious to sleep, he suggested phone sex. At first I was annoyed because he's literally a horn dog, but then he made a good point saying if one of us can't sleep we usually have sex and it always works.

So I went through with it. Safe to say it worked.

Now that it's all over, I can finally relax.

I took the private plane this time. Lately I've been doing normal economy flights, but today I just wanted to go straight back to Harry and the girls without having to interact with anyone. Usually every time I go on a flight I always get caught up with a few fans and as much as I love them, I have no energy to hold a conversation.

As of right now, there's only about thirty minutes left to my flight, so I'm getting that giddy feeling that bubbles up in my stomach when I'm about to see Harry. I've known him for years and he still makes me the most nervous and yet the most calm. It's strange, but that's just the affect he has on me.

My phone buzzes on the table in front of me, Harry's contact across the screen.

Speak of the devil.

"Hi, angel. I'm almost home." I grin as I answer.

"That's great to hear, honey." Mitch remarks.

Wait, Mitch?

"Mitch? Where's Harry?"

"Currently on the verge of a breakdown. I swear, one of these days he's going to cut bangs."

"What happened? Is he okay?"

"Well, yes. But um, we're about to take Luna to the hospital just thought you should know."

My stomach drops, a wave of sickness washing over me. In the background I hear Harry and Sarah. Sarah sounds calm while Harry is talking faster than I've ever heard him speak.

"Mitch, fucking Christ what happened?" I sit up.

"We were all in the backyard and Luna was running around with Sarah on your guys' playground. Luna slipped and fell really hard and hit her head. There's blood, but Sarah has a towel against the wound right now. Harry's freaking out, man. He's trying to do that thing where you act like the injury isn't as bad as it seems so Luna doesn't flip, but he's spiraling." Mitch explains quickly.

Okay, just a head wound, I tell myself.

I can be calm for this. They'll get to the hospital, and Luna will be okay. As of right now I need to get to Harry so he doesn't have a full blown anxiety attack.

"Put Harry on the phone."

"I don't know if—"

"I wasn't asking."

There's a moment of silence before I hear Mitch call to Harry. The sound of keys gets closer and finally I hear Harry clear his throat.

"Soleil? Baby?" He croaks, and I can tell he's on the verge of tears.