THIRTY.

JUNE, 2019.

"To Mona, the light of my life. This is the first night of your future." River raises his glass to me.

We're in the living room of my parents' house. Just a few hours away from the premiere of Euphoria. I have to be on the red carpet within an hour or so.

But right now, we're having a drink at their house, celebrating my moment.

My moment.

Mine. All mine. Finally something I can do for myself. To make of myself. This is something I've prayed for. Cried myself to sleep about.

"To Mona!" Everyone cheers, drinking the liquids in their glasses.

Francis is the first to approach me, grinning ear to ear.

"I'm so excited for you. Welcome to the acting world." He tells me as he places a hand on my arm.

"Thanks, angel." I murmur, wrapping my arms around him.

"Oh Monet, you look stunning." Mom cries as she throws her arms around my neck.

She's been emotional all day.

I laugh and hug her back, trying to keep the tears from forming in my own eyes.

"I get it from you." I joke, causing her to laugh as she continues to cry.

"You're a star, Monet." Dad says to me as he kisses my head.

I finish my drink and venture into the kitchen to top it off. I reach for my phone, checking it for probably the hundredth time tonight. I frown. Claudia enters the kitchen, leaning against the counter.

"You okay?" She asks me.

I nod, placing my phone down.

"Uh yeah."

He didn't text. He didn't call. He didn't leave a voicemail.

He let me go.

No it's good. As he should. It's how it should be. It'll be okay.

"Well, then I should probably give you this. Considering you look distraught over the fact that he hasn't said a word." She steps forward, handing me a folded piece of paper.

I furrow my brows at her.

"What is this?" I question as I take it.

"Do you really think he'd just stay quiet on your big night?" She laughs as I unfold the paper.

It's his handwriting.

His beautiful handwriting. So precious and delicate.

Just like him.

Meet me at the address below if you choose. If not, I'll never speak to you again.

I'll let you go.

H.

I swallow thickly, folding the paper again.

"And he means before the premiere." Claudia informs me.

I inhale sharply and place the note down before grabbing my phone and clutch quickly.

"You're going?" She asks with hopeful eyes.

"Tell River I'll meet him at the premiere." I respond, rushing out of the back door.