FORTY.

OCTOBER, 2019. CONT.

Halloween was never appealing to me. Even growing up when my parents would throw their annual Halloween parties, I genuinely didn't care for it. There was something about just dressing up for a night that just seemed so boring.

I could dress up as a vampire or a sexy cat any day of the week. Especially if Harry asked me to. It's not like I haven't dressed up as an angel before with red lingerie under for him to discover. But that wasn't on Halloween.

I know Harry's never been into it either. Frankly, he'd rather just sit at home and do absolutely nothing. I'd have to agree with him. But, being as my parents are hosting the usual Halloween event, I had no choice but to dress up and go.

Harry suggested I fake an illness and we hide away in my house. But I concluded it'd be too risky considering Blair would probably knock my door down.

So, Harry and I spent the majority of the day cooped up in my house before we had to act as if we weren't together. My parents of course invited him tonight. Their excuse was that it wasn't going to be at the house so I'd have less of a chance of running into him.

Good, because I totally wouldn't want to run into him.

"Who's Benny?" Harry's voice echos down the hall as I hear his footsteps entering the bedroom.

I'm in the bathroom, throwing on some random animal print dress. It's the least I could do since I already told my parents I wasn't dressing up and they got quite upset.

To quote Dad, "First no Harry now no costume?!"

"Benny? Oh! He was my waiter when Blair and I went to brunch last week. We ran into each other at the grocery store. We've been texting on and off for the week. He's super sweet." I explain as I apply lip liner.

I notice Harry's silent. He's staring at my phone with a childlike scowl, his brows furrowed in silent rage.

He's jealous.

Not surprising. Any person of any gender who even comes near me drives him insane. But he's the jealous type, I know this.

"He wants to have breakfast tomorrow." Harry mutters, tossing my phone onto the counter and shuffling out of the room.

I sigh and finish my makeup and enter the bedroom. He's sitting against the bed frame, picking at his black nail polish with a pout.

"Angel, I just painted those don't ruin them now." I frown, approaching the side of the bed.

Harry doesn't look at me once, he continues to play with his hands. He's stopped picking at the polish, though and fiddles with his rings instead.

Sighing, I crawl onto the bed and in between his legs.

Damn boy is going to make me ruin my dress.

I notice his eyes gliding up my body for a second but he's still too whiny to say anything. Huffing, I scoot further against him so I'm straddling his lap now. My dress rides up my thighs a bit, exposing what's under clearly to him.

His eyes widen a bit.

"You're not wearing underwear." He comments quietly.

"I've learned there is no point in wearing underwear when you're around." I grin, sliding my hands up his chest and cupping his shoulders.

Without hesitation, Harry's hands grip my hips gently and his fingertips press lightly against me. He leans forward and presses his cheek against my chest with a frown. I throw my arms around his neck and pull him tighter.