THIRTY-EIGHT.

OCTOBER, 2019. CONT.

Never in my entire existence have I ever seen anyone's face turn sheet white at the rate Harry's had. For a second, it looked like he was going to faint. My heart stopped when I saw his eyes cross.

I'll admit, my entire heart definitely felt as though it had been stepped on by a bear wearing heels. I too, also felt very faint and my skin grew awfully cold and clammy for a moment.

Then it turned into anger. Red blurred my vision like no tomorrow. I wanted to punch Grace for showing up. Kick Harry in the shin (very lightly so he doesn't bruise), and scream.

But then I realized.

How could he have known?

She looked like she was pretty far along. Possibly 3-4 months at this point. If my math is correct, he was dating her that long ago. He only broke up with her around 3 months ago. When she most likely didn't even know at that point.

So, I decided to collect myself and keep it together for Harry. This is probably a few life changing moment for him and his entire world is going to be flipped upside down.

I have to be there to support him.

He would do the same for me.

With that being said, I take matters into my own hands. I wrap my hand around Harry's bicep and squeeze, trying to pull him back to earth. It works, and he breaks out of his trance, his head snapping to face me and only me. As if Grace isn't even there anymore.

"Grace, why don't you go sit on the couch?" I dryly command, my eyes still stuck on the pale mess in front of me.

Grace obeys and silently passes us. She disappears and I shut the door. I place my hands on Harry's face causing his eyes to flutter shut. He raises his own hands and wraps them around my wrists gently, his chest heaving up and down in panic.

It's all across his face.

He's panicking.

"Do you need your inhaler?" I quietly ask him, rubbing my thumbs across his cheeks.

He shakes his head, wordlessly. God, I don't think I've ever seen him this freaked out. The last time I saw him this way was when he found out Zayn was leaving the band.

It took me all night to get his breathing back to normal. Took me even longer to get him to actually lie down with me and sleep.

"What do you need, angel?" I whisper desperately.

Harry doesn't hesitate to throw his arms around me, pulling me against his chest. Instinctively, I wrap my own arms around his waist and tighten my grip on him. His face buries into my neck and I can almost hear him wheeze as he inhales my scent.

It calms him almost instantly.

"What do I do?" He finally asks me, pulling away to cup my face. His eyes study me hopelessly.

"I think your first choice should be to go and sit down with her. Talk to her. I'm sure she's freaking out just the same."

"I can't...Soleil...what about us?" His face displays concern.

Fear.

"That can be discussed later. Right now, you need to figure out whatever the hell that is. I'll be in the bedroom if you need me."

I don't let him protest. I peck his lips and make my way down the hall.

Before I shut my door, I hear Harry's footsteps enter the living room. I'm tempted to sit and listen. Eavesdrop a little. But, this isn't for me to be apart of right now.