#9: oui'd.

-in which soleil and harry find their stash while cleaning the house, and decide to "get rid of it" so the kids never find it.

APRIL, 2023.

A little insight to the sort of adults Harry and I have become.

Today, Anne offered to take Luna and MJ off our hands for the day. And Harry and I got excited because it meant we could finally get around to the spring cleaning we had planned to do. With kids around, it was pretty hard to do so.

We're not sure how long they'll be out, but we're going to use any second without them to our advantage.

"Well, the pantry is finished. Did you know we have three boxes of Animal Crackers?" Harry questions as he emerges from the walk in pantry.

"We do?" I lift my head to look at him. "Honestly I was probably the one who got a new box each time because I forgot we had the first one to begin with."

"Least Luna has enough to last her months."

"Our fridge was monstrous. We had expired sour cream. I don't even like sour cream." I scrunch my nose up at the thought.

"Yeah, neither do I."

"Are you going to do your music room next?" I glance over toward Harry, who's nibbling on a cracker.

"I don't even want to know what's in there." He groans.

"Yeah you do." I chirp, pushing him down the hall.

As Harry's in his music room, I finish the living room in under an hour before joining him. When I find him, he's sitting on the floor, surrounded by papers and photos and other random items.

He's staring at a letter when I enter.

"I found our box." He tells me with a grin, gesturing to everything around him.

"No shit? I thought we lost it." I say, quickly sitting down in front of him.

All of the letters I've ever written for him are bound together by a paper clip along with all the poems and songs he ever wrote for me. Perfume bottles, dead rose petals, polaroids, crinkled photos, movie tickets, everything we've ever done together in this box. Minus the things that I lost in the fire.

"Look, it's us at 16!" Harry lights up, holding out two photos toward me.

"Oh my God." I snort, taking the pictures and staring down at them.

"If I had met you at 16, I would have been way too nervous to even speak to you. I wouldn't have had a chance with you."

"It's crazy to think at 16 you were being chased by fan girls and I was going to school and working at some shitty smoothie shop. If anything I wouldn't have thought I'd have a chance with you."

"You know what's even crazier?" Harry asks as he takes the photos from me. He holds them up side by side with a grin, "They're married."

"With kids," I add. "You could probably show these photos to anyone and tell them that and they wouldn't believe us."

"I mean, if someone showed me this photo of you when I was 16 and told me I was going to marry that, I would not have believed them for a second." Harry says as he stares at the photo with a longing gaze.

"Keep it in your pants, she's underage." I narrow my eyes at him as I snatch the picture.

"You should put that in the scrapbook for the girls."

"As if we need more photos of you for Luna to laugh at."

"Jokes on her, she's the one that looks like me more."