#15: options.

-in which harry and soleil decide to have one last baby, but discover that may be harder than they think.

MARCH, 2024.

I know when you're trying for a baby it doesn't come immediately. But when it comes to Harry and I, it's safe to say the dart always hits the bullseye. Even if it takes some time, it always does.

But lately, it seems like nothing is working. Usually all it takes is one time with no protection whatsoever and bam, I'm pregnant. It happened with Luna because I didn't have birth control and he barely pulled out and it happened with MJ because I was on antibiotics with birth control the same week Harry ran out of condoms so we risked it.

Now look at us.

So, it's a surprise to us that nothing's stuck. Endless ovulation and pregnancy tests and we just can't seem to get it. Harry even read up on it after anxiously googling it and taught me about secondary infertility. But we had our second child, so what does it mean with the third child?

Well, we found nothing.

And finally, Harry decided we go to the doctor. Which was exactly what I was trying to avoid.

Doctors scare me. Even after countless doctor's appointments for two whole pregnancies and being surrounded by doctors who literally yanked two babies out of me, I was still terrified of them. They always give nothing but bad news. Well, not necessarily.

But I already have that sinking feeling. Whatever they tell us, it won't be good.

I'm pretty sure Harry could sense my anxiety. Especially due to the fact that when he was trying to get off, I didn't offer my body and instead just gave him head and went to sleep. Though, giving Harry head is definitely a stress reliever.

Don't ask me how, it just is.

While I was attempting to sleep, I also heard him turn on his oil defuser so the room could smell like lavender. He also told me to "try these gummies" and I knew they were melatonin gummies but I took them anyway so he could be able to sleep without worrying.

Then, this morning he brought me coffee, emphasizing it was decaf and wouldn't make me all jittery. Not once did he mention that he could tell I was nervous, and I think that says a lot about the sort of husband Harry is.

"Nice shirt." He smirks as he comes into the room with Kiwi trailing right after him.

It's one of his that I'm using as a dress.

Harry lifts Kiwi and places him on his lap as he sits on the edge of the bed to watch me dress. He's been dressed and ready for probably an hour and a half now, being the early bird he is. It still baffles me that by the time I wake up, Harry has already gone for a run, purchased a smoothie at his usual place, and got Luna and MJ ready for the day.

He always waits for me to shower though. I don't remember the last time I showered alone. Hell, even bathed alone. One of our favorite things to do is end the day with a nice bath together. It's always the sweetest, especially when Harry gets the bubbles and uses them to make a fake beard.

God, I love him.

"Harry," I finally drop my arms to my sides and sigh. "I'm nervous."

"I know," Harry says as he mindlessly runs his fingers through Kiwi's fur. "Wanna talk about it?"

I frown and lean against the dresser.

"What if the doctor says something bad? What if the reason I can't have another kid is something bad or even fatal?"