#12: thanksgiving.

-in which the styles family attends thanksgiving at soleil's parents' house in la, francis somehow has a girlfriend, blair and benny show up with a baby, and anne accidentally reveals to harry that gemma is pregnant over the phone.

NOVEMBER, 2023.

There's nothing funnier than watching Harry try to get the girls dressed.

It's the most hectic event of the morning. For one, Luna is already the most fashionable of the family which I would have to credit both Harry and I as parents. But, this can make things super complicated because it takes her almost an hour to pick what she actually wants to wear and if it doesn't work we have to start all the way over.

Secondly, MJ is just absolutely insane when it comes to getting dressed. Like her father, she absolutely loves wearing the least amount of clothes she possibly can so getting her dressed is a mission. And trust me, she knows when we're about to dress her so there's no way to trick her into it.

Now, I usually dress the girls. Honestly, they're not too bad with me. Mainly because I can compromise with Luna and MJ would do anything to make me happy so all I have to do is tell her to sit down.

So when it comes to Harry, he's just as obnoxious with wardrobe as Luna so when he helps her get dressed, they both spend aimless amounts of time choosing an outfit, trying it on, and then deciding they hate it. Also, he isn't fast enough to catch up to MJ.

You'd think he would be with all the morning runs he goes on.

Don't get me wrong, I offered to get them ready but he insisted he help because I had my hands full with making the pumpkin pie. I easily could have dressed them while the pie was in the oven, but I'll let him do what he pleases.

And God, it's hilarious.

"Luna, darling. I think you look just fine." I hear him sigh from the other room.

I grin, returning back to my makeup. Another frustrated sigh leaves both of them and the sound of Luna's closet door opens again.

MJ's on the bathroom counter with me, watching me in admiration. She's wearing literally nothing but one of Harry's sweaters which makes her look like a melted puddle of light blue goo with nothing but her head poking out from the collar. I'm just waiting until she pees on it because it wouldn't be the first article of Harry's clothing she's peed on.

While Harry dresses Luna, MJ picks out what eyeshadow I should wear, telling me I'd look the prettiest with it. I could literally scream at how adorable she is.

Today's Thanksgiving, by the way. Harry, the girls, and I flew back to LA two days ago so we'd make it to my parents' on time. The last few Thanksgivings we've been pretty late since we always end up procrastinating packing and then take a last minute flight out.

We're in a new LA home now. It's a lot bigger than Harry's old house which we sadly had to sell. Harry and I bought this one just a few months before MJ was born and furnished it to our liking all the way from London with the help of Blair and Benny. It gave them something to do so they weren't complaining. We wanted to make sure we always had somewhere to stay because last time Harry and I stayed with my parents, they literally treated it like the Queen was coming to town.

The Queen being Harry.

"Thoughts?" Harry's voice comes from the doorway where he stands with Luna.

I look over, taking a moment to scan Luna's outfit as she does a bunch of twirls and curtsies then finishing it off with Harry's signature Fine Line pose.