EPILOGUE, PART II.

*Above I added a small little YT video that was recently uploaded which is insane because it's such perfect timing bc when I heard it for the first time my instant thoughts were: "This 100% would be what I would use if a trailer for this book was made." It literally screams Soleil and Harry in ways I can't even describe. So check it out if you haven't heard it already although I'm sure a lot of you have by now haha. Anyway, let's get into this!*

JUNE 26th, 2021.

4:35am.

As much as I tried, I could not sleep for the life of me. For a while I thought it was due to the wedding jitters, but after my conversation with Harry at the restaurant, I wasn't actually too anxious about it anymore. But as I tossed and turned, it finally hit me.

This was one of the first nights in a long time I've slept alone.

Being without the familiar warmth of Harry by my side was soul crushing. Usually when I'm nervous about anything, he's there to assure me it'll be fine. But he's not all because of some dumb rule.

Who even made that rule?

An idiot, surely.

The house is so quiet, too. Blair and Benny crashed super early because they had gotten wasted and they were the only ones in the house with me because everyone else got a hotel.

Well, besides Luna who was right next to me. But even she hadn't woken up to scream her head off for Harry to hold her and sing to her or for me to change her diaper.

I even checked several times for something to change, but found nothing each time. It was pissing me off. Like, do something! I need a distraction.

Maybe I just need to get some air. But I don't want to leave Luna and I don't want to wake her up just to take her out into the cold.

I debate my options for a moment before realizing I can just take the baby monitor with me.

Way to go, technology.

So, I creep out of the bed and slide my robe on, grabbing the baby monitor and my phone. I open the door slowly, afraid to wake the couple sleeping down the hall.

If they find out I'm awake, I'm going to get an ass whooping from Blair because she wants me to be as ready as possible.

Whatever, I'm the bride and I can do what I want.

It's chilly outside and I'm so glad it's not going to be so hot today because it's an outdoor wedding. No way am I going to be sweating while I cry over my vows.

I stop when I reach the backyard, sitting down in the grass as I stare out into the long field of it. Harry made sure to get the biggest backyard there ever was. For when we have grandchildren.

God, that's terrifying.

The thought of Luna being a mother one day is mind boggling. If she even gets a chance to meet anyone. Harry would probably scare them all away.

I take a deep breath, trying to relax my nerves. I look down at my phone, already on his contact. I'm tempted, but I don't want to wake him up and I don't want him to panic and think I'm already on a plane back to London.

My fingers dance over the call button as I think this over, until the phone lights up with an incoming call. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a second.

"Hi." I greet, holding my phone to my ear.

"You're not supposed to be awake." Harry says, the smile evident in his tone.