chapter two

ROBIN KEPT HIS HANDS IN HIS jean pockets as he walked down the street. He was searching for places that were hiring, but he couldn't find anything so far. He decided to take a break, walking through the park. He blinked, and when he opened his eyes, one of the grass monsters was in front of him, hitting him against a tree. He groaned, standing back up. He ripped the lightning bolt charm off his necklace, the object turning into a sword.

He flew off the ground, attacking every creature that came up. He made sure to observe how the rose from the soil, materializing in humanoid shapes. While they were easy one-hit kills, they always traveled in group and were very strong, making them extremely annoying for the demigod. Innocent bystanders ran away from the scene of the fight screaming, some of them with cameras out. Others were trying to protect their children, dragging them away from the scene.

He soon dealt with all the monsters in sight. He fell onto the grass, panting. His eyes darted to the building nearby - Avengers Tower. He glanced around through the windows, wondering if anyone was inside. Seeing no one, he flew up, trying to find a way in. He had to make sure they didn't have any information on the monsters he was working on making extinct. Was it a stupid idea? Yes. Did he care? No, not really.

Robin flung himself through the window, shoulder first. Glass sprayed around him as he tumbled onto the floor unflatteringly. Unfortunately, the heroes were present in the room. The redhead stepped forward.

"Well this is awkward," The boy joked as their weapons were trained on his figure.

"Who are you and how'd you get in here?" The assassin questioned, her gun lingering on him. She pulled him to his feet with her free hand. Before he could answer, though, she hit him in the head with the butt of her gun, rendering him unconscious.

Robin awoke in an interrogation room, handcuffed to a table that was bolted to the floor. The room was completely blank, nothing but white walls and another chair on the other side of the table, for the interrogator he assumed. He chuckled under his breath. This obviously wouldn't hold him, these so-called heroes had to know that. He glanced at the door, then back towards his bound hands.

He summoned some of his powers, just enough to break through, which didn't take a lot. Unable to tell if anyone was outside, he took a risk and kicked the door down, running out. He knocked down any guards who stood in his way, his muscles burning from how strong the agents were. Shouts were thrown around him, but his sole purpose was getting out of there. He prayed to all the gods he knew that they would help him get out of there.

Many unconscious agents later, Robin was free. He took off running as fast as he could through the busy streets, desperately trying to contact any of his friends. The problem was none of them owned a phone besides him, so he just had to pray they could find him. Luckily, they're gods. They heard him just fine, and Hermes was soon at his side. They both ran at the same pace.

"What the hell did you do?" Hermes demanded, his voice loud to be heard over the wind.

"I didn't do anything! I mean, I accidentally broke into some building, but that's it!" Robin yelled back nonchalantly.

Hermes groaned. "You're an idiot, Rob."

Robin smirked. "I know."

The rest of the run was silent until they arrived back at their home. Robin leaned against the doorway, panting heavily. Hermes looked around worriedly, before opening the door and pulling his friend inside, slamming the door back closed afterward. He pushed the younger boy up against the wall harshly. "What the hell were you thinking?" He demanded, his calm facade breaking.

Robin winced. "Well, Arty said those heroes were there, so I went to erase any information they might've had," He explained sheepishly.

Hermes rolled his eyes. "You are unbelievably stupid. You didn't think, not even for a second, that they could've been there?"

"In my defense, I didn't see anyone."

"That's the worst excuse I've ever heard!"

Robin put his hands in the air, struggling to do so against the wall. "Okay, I'm sorry."

Hermes took a step back and crossed his arms. He glared at the shorter boy for an antagonizing moment before sighing, knowing he can't stay mad at him. Not when his hair looks that ridiculous. "Go get changed, you stink."

Robin gave a mock salute. "Yessir." He went to get a change of clothes and hopped into the shower.

Director Nick Fury was fuming. They has no leads on the mysterious creatures, and to make matters worst, a boy, no older than the Maximoff twins, took down an entire swarm of SHEILD agents without a second thought. Luckily for him, he now knew exactly who the boy was thanks to modern technology. With the power the youngling held, Fury decided he might as well call in the people who got him there in the first place-the Avengers. He made a quick phone call and soon found himself on one of the not-destroyed floors of Avengers Tower.

Natasha and Clint sat beside each other, arm wrestling as they had been for the past ten minutes. Steve sat beside Natasha, having a deep chat with Thor about poptarts. Tony and Bruce both stood on the other end of the table, talking about new projects. Pietro was trying his best to solve a rubik's cube while his sister, Wanda, watched him, occasionally sneaking glances at Vision, who was just kind of hovering. Fury walked in fashionably, immediately pulling up the suspects file.

"This," He started, pointing at the image of a tan boy with pink hair, the same kid who had ruined one of the tower's windows earlier. "is Robin Carter. As most of you know, he was apprehended earlier today, but escaped and injured many agents. We're unsure of the power and strength he hold, but we have a pretty good idea by what we've seen. I need you guys to go after him and bring him in," Fury instructed.

Natasha was the first to nod, followed by her best friend, whom she managed to beat at their friendly competition.

Tony sighed and agreed. "Ah, hell, what do I have to lose."

"I will be honoured to fight alongside you all again," Thor declared.

Bruce looked uncomfortable. "I'll... just be backup, right?"

Natasha regarded him with a calming look. "Of course."

Pietro and Wanda shared a look and shrugged. "Alright," Pietro said, his accent still thick. "We're in."

Vision also agreed. Steve looked at each of his teammates. "Alright then. Suit up."