chapter twenty-seven

THE AVENGERS WERE ALL VERY curious as to who that girl was. They had theories, of course - his girlfriend, friend, enemy, the list goes on. Robin heard them speculating as they traveled back to the compound. They were communicating through their coms, but Wanda was telling him everything as she walked with him. He couldn't help but laugh. Of course, the people who thought they were friends were absolutely correct.

"My girlfriend? Oh, honey no," He said, laughing with his new friend.

Wanda giggled at his reaction. "That means Clint and Tony are definitely wrong," She commented.

Robin nodded. "She's amazing, but definitely not my girlfriend. My brother would kill me," He said.

"He likes her?"

"I hope so, they're dating."

Wanda paused, listening in to the conversation on the coms. "My brother, Natasha and Thor think she's your enemy," She informed the demigod.

He snorted. "I have a lot of enemies, but she isn't one." He would probably be dead if she was against him.

"Stark's now saying he thinks you were trying to flirt," Wanda said with a laugh.

"Oh, gods no. I've flirted before, and that was not it. I am much more awkward, just ask my ex," Robin didn't mind talking about his ex. He only had one boyfriend, and even after they broke up, they were still close. Nothing bad happened between them, and their break up was mutual, so they were fine with staying as friends.

"Just a friend, then?" Wanda asked.

"That's right. Piper and I went through a lot of shit together, hard to hate her after everything. If I hated her, Christmas dinner would be very awkward," He joked.

"That's what Vision's saying. So is Sam, Bruce and Steve," The woman reported. It seemed they were the smarter ones, knowing they're just friends. Just because two people of opposite genders hang out, doesn't mean they're dating. Take notes, parents.

They soon arrived at the compound. Robin went to get himself cleaned up. As soon as he finished, he remembered the cyborg. Asteroid. Fitting, if you want to destroy everyone. He needed a real name to track him, though. He gathered his notes, observing them. This guy was a cyborg, and could control plants. The control over plants, and the monsters seemed to be linked. They had to be. Perhaps this man was a demigod.

Did Chiron have files on every demigod who came to camp? If so, he had to get to them. If he didn't get to the bottom of this, more blood would be on his hands.

He ran a hand through his hair. He felt useless. He was stuck in some stupid facility with no chance of escape. If he left, he would be hunted down and probably imprisoned. However, he didn't want to burden any of his friends with this. He encountered them first, he would finish them. He was sick of feeling like he couldn't do anything.

He didn't know how yet, but he had to get out of here. No only to save the world, but to protect the Avengers. He had seen monsters lurking around outside. He couldn't put these heroes in danger anymore. He didn't like them, but all of Earth did. And they were still people. They tried their best. He didn't like mortal superheroes, they only fought in the big stuff, leaving him and the others to defend people from monsters. Of course, it wasn't their fault they didn't know about monsters, but still. He had a history with loosing people to monsters, and he was a little salty about it.

Robin grabbed his bag and threw all the stuff he needed back in it. Sure, he failed miserably last time he tried to leave, but he would succeed this time. They wouldn't be able to get to him fast enough. But first, he had to call for a ride. Perhaps Arion could help him out, or a pegasus. Sure, he could fly, but the Avengers could easily catch him that way.

He packed a bit of clothes, but only what he could fit. His backpack was mostly filled with his books and notes, which he definitely wouldn't leave behind. He quickly called Percy, who promised to come help him out, with Blackjack, of course.

Robin stared out the widow, waiting for his friend to arrive. When he did, he dashed out of his room and out the front door before anyone could stop him. He quickly hoped on the pegasus' back, and they took off.

"Thanks, both of you!" He called out over the wind. Blackjack made a neighing noise, as if saying No problem.

Percy just sent him a thumbs up.

They soon arrived at Camp Half-Blood, just as the sun was setting. Robin threw his arms up in the air. "Freedom!"

Percy laughed. "Why didn't you escape earlier?" He questioned as they started walking over to the cabins.

"Di Immortales, I tried. They have some tight security over there," Robin replied, almost suddenring as he thought about it. He bid his cousin goodbye as they parted ways, going to their own cabins.

Robin put away his stuff and plopped down on a bunk. No one else was in the cabin. It felt like home. In the morning, he would go see Chiron, but for now, he could just relax. He was finally out of that stupid place. Away from the Avengers.

He frowned to himself. Maybe he would miss Sam, and Wanda, and maybe even Clint. He shook his head, sure he would get over it. Besides, this is what needed to be done. The Fates wanted this. He just had to find out who this guy is, fight his monsters, then he could finally get his pilot's license like he and his mother always talked about.

Ever since he was a kid he loved planes. He'd only even been on one once, and he was hooked. His mother found it adorable. She always encouraged him to follow his dream. Until she died, at least. Hera was mad at Zeus and inflicted that rage onto Molly. After that, Robin was determined to make her proud, and soon enough, he would.

~~~
y'all your comment literally make my day and ily guys all so much

also, ship names for robin and pietro? best thing i've got right now is pietbin, but i'm not sure i like that one