chapter forty-eight

ROBIN FOUND HIMSELF EXACTLY WHERE he wanted to end up. The lab, which took up an entire floor. Only Bruce was there, setting up some stuff he brought from the compound. He looked over, noticing the boy.

"Oh, hello Robin," He greeted.

"Hey, Doctor Banner. Say, do you know where Stark is?" Robin asked.

"I could probably get him up here," Bruce replied, then addressed FRIDAY, and asked her to tell Tony to come down to the lab.

Tony was soon to get there, walking in like he owned the place - which he did. He raised an eyebrow at Robin.

"Didn't take you for a science guy," The billionaire commented.

Robin scoffed. "I'm not at all a science guy, Batman." He showed the man his notebook. "Just want to talk."

Tony made a big deal out of this and got the entire team in the same place. In Robin's opinion, it was an overreaction, but he had a low bar for overreacting. With twelve people - including himself - present, he started talking.

"Okay, well, to all you Cosplayers who don't know what in Hades this is," He waved his notebook around, mostly addressing Loki's confusion. "I had written down a bunch of shit on this stupid Asteroid guy." He threw it at Tony. "Knock yourself out."

The brunette started flipping through the pages, with Steve looking over his shoulder. Tony closed it and looked at the demigod, almost glaring.

"I can't read any of this."

Robin smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, some of it might be in Greek. And Latin."

Natasha snatched it from the billionaire's hands, opening it for herself. She tried to read some of what was written, but the writing was awful and the mix of languages made it hard. She gave it back to the boy.

"Just explain to us," She said.

He sighed. "Fine." He told them all he knew - apart from the demigod thing. He explained all about the powers he had. Then he finished on the note that he blew up the base, which seemed to shock a lot of people for some reason. You'd think doing that was a bad idea.

"You what?!" Half the people in the room demanded at once.

Robin put his hands up in defence. "Woah, not the reaction I expected. You blow up a place once, gods," He mumbled the last part, earning himself a laugh from Loki, who covered it up with a cough.

"He could be coming for revenge, dumbass!" Tony exclaimed.

"Now, now, no need for that kind of language," Robin said sarcastically. What are the odds he would be out for revenge right now?

The odds were high, in actuality. While they all argued with each other, Asteroid was plotting a way to get back at the little asshole. He had been sure he had been dead! Did Thanatos do him a favour?

Sure, what Robin did was definitely revenge, but Asteroid was not about to let him get the final hit. With the way things were looking, the son of Zeus would be telling the Avengers everything. He had to eliminate them now if he wanted to go through with his plan. His base was completely destroyed, so was all his technology - the technology he used to upgrade his army.

He growled to himself and sent every last one of his troops out, all in different parts of the country. He needed the Avengers divided. He was no match for all of them at once. His army could deal with them individually. He would deal with that nuisance Robin Carter on his own.

Before he could do that, however, he needed to gear up. A sword from his time at Camp Half-Blood and some armour would do, especially with the short notice. With that, Archie Willis left his base and made his way down to New York, where all great battles took place.

The Avengers were bombarded with flashes in a moment, from all over the country. Mobs of Jendaks were attacking everywhere, from Sam Francisco to Florida.

Luckily, other superheroes were there to help out. In Queens there was Spider-Man. In Virginia, there was Black Panther. Washington had War Machine. You get the idea. The Avengers split up. Robin took New York, right where the Fates wanted him, Iron Man took Texas, Thor took Loki with him to New Mexico, Captain America took Kansas, and so on. No need to name every state.

Robin wasn't too surprised to see Asteroid in the middle of a street, clearly waiting for him. He wasn't that stealthy when accidentally faking his own death, so it was understandable. Perhaps in the time he spent underwater in that frozen pond, he did end up dead, but it was unlikely. Really, the Fates wanted him alive, right?

Asteroid's face had gotten worse. Rocks had fallen onto him when Robin blew up the mountain, which caused for the cyborg parts of his face to scratch up or get dented. The human parts of his body didn't look much better. Bruised and dusty, they were. Robin smirked at the sight.

"Someone got you good, eh?" The son of Zeus teased, trying not to falter at the sight of the menacing look the man, who had him tortured for a month, threw his way.

"Shut up!" Archie snapped, his grip on his weapon tightening as vines grew on the hilt. "I will have you dead, Robin Carter. There is nothing you can do to stop me."

Robin took out his sword as well. "If this because my dad fucked your mom?" He asked, referring to the fact that Zeus had cornered Demeter, which resulted in Persephone's birth. "Because that was much before my time, and I had nothing to do with it."

Asteroid contained the urge to shout up at the sky. Instead, he sneered. "The world must be reset, Son of Zeus. Humans do not deserve the planet."

Robin, his hand behind his back, hummed. "Right. Like you deserve it any more than the rest of us. What were you cooking up in that mountain, eh? Lots of radiation, I assume." Overhead, dark clouds covered the sun. Neither demigod seemed to care.

"Only a way to save the Earth," Asteroid countered, and raised his sword in the air.