chapter thirty-five

NATURALLY, IT HAD TO BE Tony Stark who came through. A normal day, for Robin? Ha! I have to laugh. The Fates would never allow it. It was so early in the morning, it was almost concerning how many people decided to come up to him. He didn't even get any sleep. First there was that attack, now all these people bothering him, all in the span of twenty-four hours.

Robin gave the billionaire a tired glare. "What do you want now, Stank?"

Tony's ears turned red at the nickname, but don't let that fool you. His composure was still the same. A professional posture topping his casual outfit, as if trying not to draw too much attention to himself. It wasn't a very good effort, seeing the car he drove.

"I just want to talk," The billionaire said, looking around to make sure no one was listening.

Robin raised an eyebrow. "Talk? Or threaten to send your team to beat me up again?"

"I thought you didn't remember that," Tony said pointedly.

"Remember what?" The demigod asked innocently.

The older man rolled his eyes. He walked over and wrapped an arm around Robin's shoulder, leading him away from the ledge. "Stopped by your apartment yesterday," He stated.

Robin tried not to tense up, instead keeping his composure. "Surprising," He said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

Tony chose to ignore that. "Must've been the wrong apartment. Barton said it was an elderly lesbian woman who lived there," He continued.

"Oh, I think I just met her."

He walked the boy down the stairs, all the way to his car. Realizing this, Robin shoved him away and gave a steady glare. He wasn't about to get kidnapped, not again.

The billionaire sighed. "Let's make a deal." Seeing the raised eyebrow, he continued. "I'll leave you alone."

Robin looked at him expectantly. There's always another side of the deal.

"If you give me all the stuff you have on those monsters, including that." He pointed to the boy's notebook, the blue cover easily seen.

Robin gripped it tighter. "No deal."

"I was hoping it wasn't going to come to this, kid." Tony brought his hand up to his ear, going to alert the team.

Robin acted faster. He was not going to be brought down by cosplayers, not today, not again. He hit the man in the face with his notebook and ran. He ducked into an alleyway, watching as Pietro ran right by. One more second and he'd have been toast. He racked his brain, trying to remember if he knew anyone who lived nearby. Someone that wouldn't attract too many monsters if they were together.

Unfortunately, he couldn't think of anyone. Seeing more people coming closer, people who were much more observant, he ducked behind a garbage bin, blending into the shadows. He waited until the coast was clear before finally leaving the alley.

He walked around town, subconsciously making his way towards the destroyed street he had been fighting in earlier. It looked worse in the daylight. Rubble filled the street itself, and the buildings were all trashed. No one was even on the scene to clean it up yet.

He looked at the bar. Only a few things were intact. In fact, it was like that everywhere else too, he noticed. It was awful. He had to put an end to this as fast as possible. How long could it possibly take to bring down a villain? In the case of a good one, a long time, apparently. Robin supposed he should understand that by now, but it never ceased to bore him, all the chasing, the pointless battle he fought if only to keep other people - and himself - alive.

He kept walking, back into the unharmed part of society. A little girl noticed him as he walked through the park. She bounced over to him.

"Are you a prince?" She asked, her small voice quickly reaching his ears.

The demigod stopped and squatted down to her level. "Don't you know it's bad to talk to strangers?"

"But you look like a prince," She replied, pouting.

"What makes you think that?" He asked, standing back up to his normal height.

"You have pink hair, like in the stories!"

Robin looked at a strand of his hair, then back at the girl dressed in purple. "Sorry, child, it's just hair dye." Technically it wasn't hair dye. His hair was enchanted by a child of Aphrodite with the help of a child of Hecate, who thought it would be a good idea to make his hair pink. It was his fault for saying he didn't like his natural hair colour. But the colour grew on him. He felt the the main character of all the animes he ever watched.

He left the park quickly, not wanting to be subdued to glares from angry mother's. That never worked out well for anyone. He still had his notebook with him, to his relief. He couldn't bare loose it, not when he was so close.

He wasn't paying attention to where he was going. He was checking the journal to make sure all the pages were there, and he walked right into someone. To his dismay, Tyche wasn't on his side. It seemed everyone favoured the Avengers over him.

Robin glanced up, seeing the unmistakable red hair belonging to one Natasha Romanoff.

"Hi," She said with a smirk, before throwing a punch right at his face. He ducked just in time to avoid the blow. He certainly was not expecting that. He reached for his sword, but cursed when he remember that they were all mortal. Maybe it would work on Thor, but he couldn't be sure.

Robin sent a kick towards her side, but of course he was dodged. He groaned and just sent some electricity towards her, not enough to hurt her but enough to distract her long enough for an escape. If he hurt any of these people, not only would he be guilty, but then they would have a reason to attack. Or maybe he was going soft. He didn't know yet.

He flew off into the sky, alternating between flight and running to throw them off. Eventually, he lost them. He sat on the edge of the top of a random building, and pulled out his phone. He now had four contacts - Sam, as we know, and now with the addition of Glenn and Kiera. But he clicked on the last one.

They answered immediately. They promised only to call each other for emergencies, despite staying close after their past. And this, Robin felt, was an emergency.

"Citrix, I need your help."

~~~
wow a new character, who do we think he is?