chapter ten

ROBIN SMIRKED AS SHE walked into the room. He leaned back in his seat, looking relaxed. Natasha, however, wasn't so amused. She sat down, not bothering to put on a mask. She slammed a file onto the table. She leaned forward, kicking his shin under the table to draw him closer. He yelped, frowning.

"Given the facts, you aren't a normal human, are you? Meta human, maybe?" She asked.

Robin shrugged. "Okay, first off, rude, and second off, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about." He said, rolling his eyes. What the hell was a "Meta human"? Some kind of video game?

She flipped the page. "Who are your parents?"

"My mom's Molly Carter, and I've never met my dad. Been told he died in a plane crash." Robin shrugged, hoping she didn't catch onto his lie. For the first part of his life, his mom did tell him that his father died in a plane crash, but he now obviously knew that wasn't true.

The assassin scanned his face for a moment before deciding she believed him. She asked him for more details of his childhood-where he grew up, where he disappeared to every summer, questions she wouldn't get a real answer out of. Of course, she didn't know that Robin was lying. It was safer that way, for everyone involved.

She soon left, growing annoyed of his answers that seemed to check out. Natasha gestured for Vision to try next. He phased through the wall instead of using the door, startling Robin. "Shit dude, don't do that," The boy said with a frown.

"I apologize. I would like for you to tell me what those creatures were that you have been fighting for the past weeks."

Robin rolled his eyes. "Like I told Katniss not long ago, I wish I knew. All I know is that they want to kill everyone on sight," He said, thinking to his numerous encounters. He seemed to be telling the truth.

Vision used the door this time, exiting without a word. He went to switch places with Pietro, who shook his head violently. "No, no. I am not going in there with him," He stated, crossing his arms over his chest. His body was sore from his fall down the hill, and he still thought about their first encounter, his body remembering the pain and annoyance. Not to mention what he did to his sister.

Tony gave him a pointed look before Fury could. "We need this information. Get in there." He lightly pushed him towards the door. Pietro grumbled under his breath but walked into the interrogation room regardless. He sat down across from Robin, who held an amused expression.

"What's up, Dash?" Robin greeted, using yet another nickname.

Pietro glared. "Don't call me that."

This caused the demigod to smirk. "Okay, Speedy Gonzales."

The Avenger rolled his eyes and got on task. "What are you?"

"A person," Robin replied as if it was obvious.

"Then how do you do the things you do?"

"Lots of training."

"You can not train to get control over lightning."

"You could if you tried hard enough, something I guess you haven't been doing."

Pietro resisted the urge to groan. This boy was insufferable, and that was coming from him. "Where have you been hiding after our first encounter?"

Robin raised an eyebrow. "Away from you asshats."

"I need a location."

"I'm not giving you one."

Before he could lash out, Wanda came in and gently pulled her brother out of the room, ignoring Robin's smug look. Finally, Sam walked in. Robin immediately faltered. A few team members smirked from behind the one-way window. Sam sat down across from the boy, a disappointed look on his face. Robin almost winced at the sight.

"What the hell, Robin?" Sam exclaimed, leaning forward. Robin's eyes traveled towards the floor. "When were you going to tell me any of this?" He demanded.

Robin brought his eyes back up, smiling sadly. "I was hoping not to," He admitted.

"Yeah, no shit."

"But," He continued. "I didn't think this was going to happen."

"You broke into the Avengers Tower! In broad daylight! What did you think was going to happen? Not to mention you managed to take down the entire team on your own! You're just a kid!"

Robin glared. "Like Hades I am. I am not a kid," He hissed coldly, his voice almost cracking.

Sam's expression softened. "I trusted you, Robin."

He winced at the use of past tense. "Well, it's not like you told me you were best friends with Boy Scout," He countered, refusing to back down.

"It never came up." He sighed and lowered his voice. "You didn't even tell Doctor Banner about your gunshot wound."

Robin shrugged, leaning back in his chair to the best of his abilities. "I don't do doctors."

Sam raised an eyebrow, unamused. "You fangirled as soon as you saw him."

The boy scoffed. "First of all, it's fanboyed, and second of all, I did not! And third of all, even if I did, it wasn't as soon as I saw him." He went to cross his arms, only managing to rattle the handcuffs. He glared down at the metal.

Before Sam could even begin to retort, thunder was heard directly outside the compound. He glanced back at Robin, who was unfazed, as if this stuff happened all the time. He narrowed his eyes at the boy. "No funny business," He ordered before walking out to see what that was. A few more of his new teammates joined him, while others stayed behind to survey their suspect. They couldn't have him escaping, not again. Tony walked back in to keep an eye on him.