chapter twenty

THE SON OF ZEUS WAS NOT ABOUT TO be babysat, especially not by someone his own age. He was hardly as mature as Robin was! It was as if the Fates just wanted to see him suffer. Knowing them, that was probably the case. Pietro didn't seem happy about the situation either, but he did seem to enjoy the idea of torturing the boy. So, after Steve escorted him back to his room, Robin assaulted the wall with his fist until he was bleeding. Of course Tony would've thought about everything. He was so close, too!

"What did that wall ever do to you?" Asked a voice from behind him. Robin spun around, hand reaching for the necklace. He relax when he realized it was only Hermes, sitting on his bed.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the god, ignoring his question.

Hermes shrugged, gesturing the boy over. Robin grudgingly walked over, sitting down beside him. "Just thought I'd visit my favourite demigod brother. Imagine my shock when Apollo burst into song about how you prayed to him before me or Artemis!" He said, forcefully taking the boy's hand and inspecting it. He snapped his fingers, and some antibiotics and a bandage appears on his lap.

"Well he is the god of healing," Robin muttered, wincing as the product hit his exposed wounds on his knuckles.

"I can heal too," Hermes replied, not glancing up.

"But he's better at it."

"Maybe." He finished bandaging up the boy's hand, showing it to him. "See? Good as new."

Robin gave him a look that said 'are you kidding me' seeing as it was wrapped up, but thanked him quietly anyway.

The god of travel faced him properly. "So what's the deal with the whole secluded building with high tech security?" He inquired, resting his head in his hand.

Robin shrugged. "You remember how I broke into the Avengers tower awhile back?" He received a nod. "Right, well now I'm stuck with those same Avengers for dad knows how long."

Hermes rolled his eyes. "Dumbass."

The demigod shoved him playfully. "Shut up. Anyway, I tried to leave, but they have a fucking alarm set! Now I'm stuck being babysat for the rest of my life," He said dramatically, flopping down backwards on the bed with an exaggerated sigh.

Hermes pat his leg. "It won't be for the rest of your life. They won't be able to lay that long with your annoying ass."

"Hey!" Robin glared at him, trying to suppress his smile.

The god put his hands up in defence. "I'm just saying! You're kind of a sassy bitch."

The boy opened his mouth to retaliate, but closed it knowing that was true. "Okay, fine, maybe a little bit. But have you met them? They're impossible!"

"Reminds me of someone I know." Hermes stood up. "You'll be fine, Little Bird."

"You have to stop calling me that."

He smirked. "I'll see you later." In a flash, he was gone, leaving Robin alone in the room.

The demigod sighed, sitting back up. He ran a hand through his hair, his fingers entangling themselves in pink curls. He pushed himself off the bed and hopped into the shower, washing away his stress.

After getting no more than three hours of sleep, Robin was woken up in a very unpleasant manner. A bucket of water had been dumped over his head, giving him a fright. He shot up. For a brief moment, he thought it was Percy, but then he remembered where he was. He didn't bother moving his hair out of his face, despite the fact that it was covering most of his vision. He attempted to glare at whoever that was, but it was hard with water dripping into his eyes.

The person who dumped the water on him, still holding the bucket, started laughing. Robin his head like a wet dog, getting the water out of his hair. He saw Clint standing there, doubling over in amusement. The boy grabbed the pillow, throwing it at the Avenger, who let out an oof as it made contact with his body.

"That's not funny," Robin grumbled, throwing the blanket off his body and getting out of bed. He heard towards the bathroom, making sure to hit the man in the arm as he passed.

Clint followed him, unfazed, until the door was slammed in his face. He chuckled. "Come on, you'll learn to love it!" He called at the door.

Inside the small room, Robin rolled his eyes. Using a towel, he wiped off the water from his face. He tried to do the same to his hair, but it didn't work as well as he had hoped. He opened the door again. "I really won't."

The archer winked. "You will when it happens to other people."

He raised an eyebrow questionably. "What are you talking about?" He asked reluctantly.

Clint grinned. "Well, it's early, so no one else is awake." He put a hand up when Robin glared, about to yell at him. "And I thought we could go prank everyone before you have to be with someone at all times."

"Does everyone know about that?"

"Pretty much."

Robin groaned, running a hand through his still-wet hair. He let out a curse under his breath. "Alright, fine, because I want payback. What do you have planned, Katniss?"

Clint smirked. "Follow my lead, young one." On that note, he jumped up into the vents, which Robin hadn't noticed beforehand. The grate was off, and the whole system was big enough to fit almost three people side-by-side, for one reason or another.

Robin shrugged and crawled in after the man, his curiosity getting the best of him.