chapter forty-nine

ASTEROID CHARGED AT THE seemingly unprepared son of Zeus. Robin easily dodged, one hand still behind his back. With a kick, the younger boy sent the villain tumbling down. Before he could get back up, a bolt of lightning struck him. It was from the storm Robin had been cooking up. It wouldn't be easy to keep, but he figured that if lightning could cause a blackout, it could cause a cyborg to black out too.

Robin sent the man a sly smirk. "Oh, sorry, did that hurt?" He asked, using a faked apologetic tone.

Asteroid looked up, one knee on the ground and a sneer on his face once again. "Not as much as this'll hurt you," He stated, and shot his hand out, vines shooting out towards the pink haired boy. Robin fell backwards, landing on his back with an oof. He didn't waste a second getting back to his feet.

The two circled each other, swords ready in front of them. Robin wasn't about to play clean, though. While he was focused on his opponent, he channeled his energy into the storm overhead. Storms took effort, but he was willing to put in the extra work if it meant saving the world.

Robin summoned all the lightning he could at the moment, letting it rain down upon the son of Demeter. That didn't stop the man from swinging his sword, giving Robin mere milliseconds to block the hit. Luckily, he was able to. Tires screeched against the road like nails on a chalkboard as innocent citizens ran away from monsters that were only being held off by Spider-Man.

Metal clanged against metal as swords clashed. Robin put everything he learnt to this battle, applying any trick he could to get an upper hand. Asteroid didn't back down. He was relentless.

The fight looked similar to the fight between Obi-Wan and Anikin from Star Wars, or Simba and Scar from the Lion King. Weapon against weapon as fire burned around them, in this case because of the crashing of cars.

Robin grunted as Archie pushed against the sword, the blade almost cutting him, but he pushed back. This kept up until Asteroid decided to stop playing by the rules. The man pushed him onto the floor, using his cyborg leg, and knelt on the boy's chest, sword at his throat.

"Can't you see? You can't defeat me!" Asteroid exclaimed, pushing the weapon down. It almost drew blood.

Robin hissed in pain. With one hand, he sent the largest spark of electricity he could manage at the man, sending him flying back into the wall of the closest building. Robin got back to his feet and ran over, sword tight in his hand. He stabbed down into the man's chest, but he seemed unaffected. Robin suddenly felt he had done something wrong. There was no blood, no hint of pain, absolutely nothing.

Asteroid smirked coldly, pulling the sword out without effort and discarding it somewhere on the floor. He got up and stalked towards the boy, who was backing away warily. Vines suddenly snaked around the boy, holding him in place. Robin struggled, but they only got tighter, to the point where he couldn't breath. It didn't help that there were thorns on the vines, too, digging into his skin.

"As I said, you cannot defeat me Robin Carter," He said. "I am destruction, salvation-" Before he could continue, he was shot at. The vines disappeared, allowed the young demigod to breath again.

Robin turned to look at the origin, confused to see a masked man shooting at him with two guns. He didn't have much time to look though, as ivy engulfed him, no doubt coming from Asteroid.

The son of Zeus used this moment to get a head start. He sent a strong gust of wind towards him, knocking him over. He then created some clouds to blind him as he went forward. He went to get his sword back, but it was being wrapped in moss. He bit his tongue to stop him from growling and made a beeline for Asteroid instead. He slammed his hand onto the metallic cyborg part of his face, and sent a lightning bolt through him, shutting him down.

Before he could do anything else, a strong force that turned out to be an arm pushed him away. He landed on his back, but quickly propped himself up with his hands.

The man, out of the ivy trap, took out a dagger and knelt by the no longer functional cyborg. In one swift movement, Asteroid's head was sliced clean off his body and rolling towards Robin, who scrambled backwards to avoid it. Decapitation always made him feel squeamish, despite threaten to do the same to others.

Without giving Robin a chance to utter a word, the man disappeared as if he was never there. The only thing the demigod could notice was the metal arm with the star on it. Then he was gone.

Robin pushed himself up, about to go help kill all of the monsters, but they were nothin but dust. Without Asteroid, they didn't exist. Robin walked up to the other hero - Spider-Man.

He nodded at him. "Hey, Spider-Dude!" He called.

"Uh, hey, man," The hero said, his voice higher than Robin expected. He sounded almost startled that someone was talking to him.

Robin shrugged it off, as he didn't really care. "Good job on the monsters," He complimented, and walked off, not wanting to hear the reply he would get. He hopped onto a wind current and flew back to the Tower, where he would undoubtedly meet the others.

two weeks until book two guys!