chapter three

HIS HAIR WAS STILL DRIPPING when someone knocked on the door. Robin went to answer, toned biceps on display with his shirt that was sticking onto his body. He opened the door, holding his towel in one hand. His half siblings left to take care of their own things, leaving the young demigod alone in the apartment. A man was outside, arm raised to knock again. Robin couldn't deny that he was attractive, in a way. He felt as if he'd seen the male before, but he was blanking on it. He raised an eyebrow. "Can I help you?" He asked, unintentionally sounding annoyed.

"Yeah, kid, you can. Can I come in? Thanks." The man didn't wait for a response as he walked inside, looking around at the cozy house. A flash of light passed by, by when he blinked, it was gone, so the demigod shrugged it off.

Robin, despite his genuine confusion, closed the door, knowing he could defend himself. He threw his towel towards the couch, heading towards the kitchen. He didn't hear the cloth fall, but he ignored his worries. He opened the fridge, taking out a jug of punch. He took a glance towards the man. "So what do you want?" He asked, pouring two cups and handing one to the stranger. His blue eyes flickered towards the couch, where he swore another man - equally, if not more, handsome - was standing. He did a double take. "Hold up-"

Another male, younger than the one who invited himself in, was standing in his living room with a smirk, the towel in hand. Robin's eyes widened. The first man pressed something in his ear and spoke. "Now." His own towel was thrown in his face, momentarily blinding him.

Less than a second later, he successfully blocked a hit the older man threw at him. "What the hell?!" Robin exclaimed, more confused than before. Before he knew it, the handsome young man was gone from his spot and the demigod was now on the floor. He groaned, feeling as if he took a hard blow to the gut, but neither stranger had hit him to his knowledge. Pietro had used his speed to his advantage and knocked him down.

Robin rolled over before the older man could grab him. He shot up, ready to defend himself when he was knocked back to the floor. If this keeps happening, my back is going to end up ruined forever, he thought bitterly, getting back on his feet. He punched the air in front of him, hitting Pietro by coincidence. The blonde fell to the floor, the strength of the unknown boy's punch surprising him.

Robin kicked the boy harshly in the head, hoping to knock him out. His plan failed, however, as Pietro grabbed his leg and pulled him to the floor - again. The two boys wrestled around on the floor for a bit before Robin got the upper hand, managing to render the boy unconscious for real this time. He switched his focus to the other man.

Tony was assembling his suit, hoping the team would be there soon to apprehend this kid. As if they could read his mind, the door was busted down, Steve rolling in, quite literally, with a few team members on his tail. Clint was on the neighbouring roof, ready to shoot the kid down with tranquilizer arrows if he tried to escape through the street. Bruce was on standby, while Vision was on the other side of the building with Thor, circling it. The girls were now also in the apartment.

"Took you long enough," Tony joked, blocking a kick the kid threw his way and ducking to avoid another one.

"Not the time, Tony," Steve scolded, running at the boy. Robin heard him coming and ducked, causing the super soldier to run straight into Tony, knocking them both down. Robin jumped to avoid the hit Natasha sent at him and grabbed the nearest object, which happened to be a pan. He looked at it and shrugged.

"Guess we're going to Rapunzel it," He muttered to himself, a smirk finding it's way onto his face. He swung his newfound weapon back, successfully hitting Wanda in the face without meaning to as she was sneaking up behind him. She fell to the floor with a thud. He raised an eyebrow at her limp body. "So it does work!"

He used it to block another hit from a certain red headed assassin who knocked him out earlier that day. He brought up his leg, kicking her in the chest roughly, causing her to stumble. He punched her square in the nose. Her hand went up to hold it. He used this opportunity to hit her over the head with the pan, knocking her out as well. His arms dropped. "Payback, bitch," He spat, only vaguely aware of the two still conscious heroes behind him.

Steve tried to sneak up behind him, but Robin was quick to react. He instinctively dropped the pan and rolled out of the shield's way. His eyes widened as it stuck into the wall, realizing that these people might very well be trying to kill him. Lost in his train of thought, he was a second too late to avoid the punch the captain threw at his face. He stumbled back, holding his nose as he felt the blood gushing out. He cursed under his breath, his eyes watering involuntarily as his vision blurred. He didn't let that stop him from ducking and swiping at his opponent's legs. Tony was now back on his feet, coming in to help his teammate.

He sent two blasts at the boy, who summersaulted to avoid them. By now, sweat was dripping down the side of his face. He leaped to grab the shield from the wall and threw it directly to Iron Man's chest plate, then landing a kick to Steve head, dazing him. He gave them a quick glance. Why are a bunch of cosplayers trying to kill me? He asked himself.

Robin dashed out the front door. Tony reacted quick, notifying his team. "Target's heading south," He said, then gasped as he tried taking the shield out of his suit. Steve pushed himself up, going to help his teammate.

Robin ran into Vision in the middle of the stairwell. He dodged the blows the android threw, but when he tried to land his own, his hand just went through him. The demigod groaned in annoyance and just kept running. He unknowingly passed the building Clint was stationed on. He took fire but accidentally hit Vision, who, to be fair, had been in the way of the shot.

Robin noticed and sent a blast of lightning on the roof, causing debris to fall around the archer. Thor zoomed past, landing in front of the son of Zeus. He groaned at the sight of another hero. "Oh, come on! How many of you are there?!" He asked rhetorically, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically.

"More than you would like," Thor replied, swinging his hammer. He took a try at hitting the young boy, who ducked and kicked the Norse god in the chest. Thor didn't give up - he swung again and managed to hit Robin in the chest, sending him flying into a poor citizen's car. For a moment he got worried he killed the kid and rushed over to see. This was just what Robin wanted, so when he was close enough, he sent a large blast of electricity straight into his chest, sending him flying into the building on the other side of the street, the god going through the many walls.

The son of Zeus grunted but managed to get back up and kept running for awhile until he was sure these so-called heroes weren't following. Inside he felt a little bad, knowing they were only mortal, but it was self defence, therefor totally reasonable.

He spotted a bus heading somewhere farther away and got on, giving a twenty dollar bill to the driver. He made his way to the back of the bus, sitting down while taking heavy breaths then passing out.

watch out for the next chapter lovelies, i have some big plans for my bb Robin. will they be good, will they be bad, who knows. don't forget about our unknown villain though, they'll be coming into play again soon ;)

and would you look at that! Robin and Pietro unofficially met! don't worry, i'll be keeping you waiting