chapter forty-seven

ROBIN MANAGED TO CONVINCE THE Avengers to let him visit his friends. It took a few days, but it finally worked. By December first, he was off to visit anyone he could. He started at camp, seeing as he was hoping to see Will, and maybe get himself patched up. To his luck, both Will and his boyfriend, Nico, were there. They were unbelievably happy to see him.

"This is a first," Robin joked when both of them hugged him at the same time.

"Shut up," Nico mumbled, not wanting to admit how worried he had been aloud.

Will, along with the help of some other children of Apollo, did what they could about what wasn't yet healed. For that, Robin was extremely thankful. The sling was finally off, and he felt so much better.

The son of Zeus decided to stay the night and catch up with those staying camp for the winter before visiting his others friends. He hadn't seen them in what felt like forever, so it was only fair. He talked to his friends about everything that had been happening - while avoiding some things he really didn't want to talk about. Some people were a little sad to see him leave so soon, but alas, he had other things to get to.

The next day he visited his friends at Camp Jupiter, and caught up with them as well. He did they same with his friends he met up with in other places.

After that, he still didn't return to the compound. There was something he had to do first. He visited the Ares cabin at Camp Half-Blood and borrowed a grenade or two, plus a pegasus, and quickly left before anyone could ask questions.

He traveled across the country, searching for a familiar place. He flew over cities, the people walking below nothing more than small specs. Around him the sky turned orange and pink, complimenting the setting sun. He wouldn't be able to see clearly for much longer. He cursed under his breath at this. Days seemed to be way too short, and nights too long.

It had been over a year that he had been hunting for Asteroid and a way to stop him. He hated it. What had he accomplished? He got kidnapped more times than he could count, made a few new friends, fought a lot of monsters, gotten beaten close to death, and unintentionally faked his own death. Not exactly something he felt he should be proud of, but he had to keep trying.

As night fell and the pegasus got tired, Robin stopped in an empty area for the night. He didn't sleep, but he did come up with a plan, drawing it with a stick in the dirt. Then, at the crack of dawn, he set off again. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, really, was a sight he recognized. He growled under his breath as the mountain became into view. No one can juste torture him for all that time and get away with it.

Now, kids, revenge isn't always the answer to these problems. Except it totally is. Revenge makes you feel a certain type of way. Like you accomplished something. Now, I'm not saying go extreme, like Robin is doing, but maybe just like TP their house, or steal their eraser, or something simple like that.

Robin was not going simple. He steered the pegasus down, towards the obvious entrance, which seemed to have a green glow, like a force field of sorts. Sparks flew back from the opening.

The flying creature he was riding refused to go near it, as if not seeing the same thing Robin was. Like there was a blank.

Regardless, the son of Zeus tossed the grenades inside the mountain. It might not kill Asteroid, or the monsters he created, but it was sure to render some damage to his base.

With that thought in mind, he flew off, letting the pegasus return to camp while he went back to the compound. It was quiet there. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing. However this was still unusual for the Avengers. Quiet? Ha! Seems impossible.

What was also weird was the boxes, bags and suitcases laid out near the entrance. What was going on?

As if walking on eggshells, Robin trudged through the building slowly. He found Pietro first, packing his bags. Despite his confusion on what was happening, he leaned against the doorframe coolly.

"Getting evicted?" He teased, arms crossed against his chest.

Pietro glanced over, unimpressed. "Ha, ha." He stopped what he was doing. "No, Stark figures we'll have more room at the Avengers tower for what he calls an 'ever growing team of superheroes,'" He explains, picking up a bag and hoisting it over his shoulders. "You might want to go pack."

With a quiet groan, Robin thanked his friend and left for his room, no longer walking with the same caution. Once he got there, he threw all his stuff into the only bag he had. The only thing he had in his hands was his notebook, which he would probably have to share with the team if he wanted to beat this Asteroid guy. As powerful as he is, he couldn't defeat someone like that on his own. He barely survived him once, and he wasn't anxious to face him again alone.

Avengers Tower wasn't exactly what Robin expected. Sure, he had been in it, once, but he didn't remember anything but weapons and angry heroes, so it was understandable that he didn't know what it looked like inside.

Tony brought them all to the floor which had their rooms, because all the other floors were occupied by other things, so unlike most fanfictions, no, not everyone had their own floor.

Robin found his room to be much too big for him. It had to be two times the size of the Zeus cabin at Camp Half-Blood, but with only one bed instead of a variety of bunks. This room, unlike the one at the compound, had a large desk. It also contained a bookshelf, a washroom and a wardrobe that he could fit in. He was surprised he didn't end up in Narnia, really.

He put away all his stuff and checked out the window. It overlooked the city, which some might say is a nice view, but he wasn't sure he thought so himself. He preferred camp, really. In fact, he missed camp, even if he had been there recently. It was home. The tower just wasn't the same.

His notebook in hand, he walked out, trying to make his way somewhere. It didn't matter where, really. He ended up in the kitchen, not surprised to see Thor stuffing the cabinets with boxes of poptarts.

Deciding not to let himself get sucked into a conversation about poptarts, he kept going. The elevator buttons didn't tell him which floor was which. They really needed a guide, or something to help him get around. He clicked a random number, and the elevator descended.