chapter twenty-five

ROBIN SCOFFED TO HIMSELF AS he wrote down in his notebook. "Jendak," He mused, shaking his head. "That's a stupid name." If it were up to him, he would've came up with something better, in his opinion. Something like Destroyers. Jendaks just didn't strike as much fear into his heart. Though they were powerful, as he learnt the hard way when he got shot. Boy, was he glad for Apollo.

At least he was finally getting somewhere. Never did he think a demigod dream would be helpful to him, but there's a first time for everything. A knock on the door interrupted him. Why was it that he always got interrupted? It's like his life was a movie or something.

He quickly hid his notebook under his pillow. "Don't-" He didn't get to finish when the door opened and in walked Tony. "-Come in," He finished to himself, glaring at the billionaire.

Tony didn't seem to care. He had his hands in his jean pockets, looking nonchalant. He looked around the room, as if searching for something out of place. Probably the backpack he still couldn't find, as FRIDAY wouldn't help.

"Come on out, kid. You've been cooped up in here forever. We were starting to think you died," Tony said.

Robin rolled his eyes. "Wouldn't that be nice," He said sarcastically. He refused to die while with the Avengers. If he went down, he was going down in history. Regardless, he followed the billionaire outside, hoping that he could hide his progress if he did.

The rest of the Avengers were all hanging out around the living room, talking and laughing. It almost made Robin uncomfortable. How was it that no one was fighting? Especially with this big of a group. The boy opted to stand by the door, leaning against the wall.

Sam was the first to come and see him. He gave him a soft smile. "Hey. How are you doing?"

Robin shrugged. "As good as I can for being stuck somewhere I don't want to be," He replied.

"It was either this or be locked up forever."

"Neither are good options."

"Yeah, well that's what happens when you break into places," Sam said.

Robin rolled his eyes. You do one dumb thing, and no one lets you forget it. "It shouldn't be that easy to break into!" He said, throwing his arms up in the air to make his point.

"How did you sleep?" Sam asked, changing the subject. He knew very well how stubborn Robin could be.

"Better than other days," The boy replied.

"No nightmares?"

Robin shook his head. Technically his dream could count as a nightmare, but it was best no one knew about it. He pushed himself off the wall. "Best sleep I had all week," He said truthfully.

Sam smiled. "I'm glad." From another part of the living room, Natasha waved the two over. Sam grabbed the demigod's wrist. "Come on and socialize."

Unable to resist, Robin let the man drag him over. Natasha and Sam went into conversation about Hera-knows-what. Robin wasn't really listening. He leaned against Sam, lost in thought.

"Robin?" Natasha said, snapping her fingers in front of his face. He came out of his trance, blinking.

"What?"

"Are you a meta human?"

The demigod rolled his eyes. "When did this turn into an interrogation?" He couldn't sworn she already asked him this. "What even is a meta human? A band? I don't do music. I know people who do, and I am not one of them," He rambled.

Natasha smirked. "Just wanted to see if you were paying attention."

Sam chuckled. "He never does."

Robin stood up straight and turned to face him, gasping dramatically. "How could you say that, Sammy! I have always payed attention to everything."

The older man gave him a disbelieving look. "What about that time when you spilt yogurt on yourself because you weren't looking at where you were putting it down."

At that point, Wanda had joined them. She laughed at the story. Robin flushed red, glancing at her briefly before turning back to his friend. He slapped his arm. "Shut up, I thought we were never going to speak of that."

"That's what you said, I never promised anything," Sam countered.

Clint joined the conversation too, resting an arm on Natasha's shoulder. "Oooh, he got you there," He said to Robin before turning to Sam. "Tell us more stories."

Robin quickly glared at the two of them. "Do it and I'll end up doing something I won't regret," He threatened, but knew he could kill any of them. They were much too powerful, and also mortal, so his sword wouldn't work.

Sam stuck his tongue out at him, and told his friends some stories anyway. Robin buried his face in Wanda's shoulder, very glad they were around the same height. She rubbed his back sympathetically, though really she was enjoying hearing these stories.

After about five embarrassing stories about him, Robin had enough. Sam was picking all the worse ones! And for what? To prove a point to an assassin who already knew she was right? Weren't they on the same side of the argument? Robin stopped having an internal battle with himself and went to leave.

He didn't have the chance to, as Tony called out after him. It's like he made it his main goal to embarrass him today. Though he did make a fool of him quite a few times, so perhaps now they were equal. "Where are you off to?" Tony asked, as if he was going to try and break out.

"To call my brother," The demigod replied.

"You have a brother?" Sam spoke up, the news startling him. Sure, Robin never spoke of his family, but surely he would mention a sibling if they got along well enough to talk.

Robin shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal, which it wasn't. His brother technically was a big deal in the demigod world, but other than that, there wasn't anything very special about Robin having family members. Ignoring their skeptical looks, he left to make a call. Of course, he wasn't going to use a phone. Sure, he had one, but that was only for emergencies. He had only two contacts on his phone, and one of them was Sam. Instead he would Iris message him. And so he did.

Jason Grace's figure popped up. He was currently at Camp Jupiter, planning out some temples for a bunch of minor gods. He quickly noticed the call, and exhaled in relief. "Oh, thank the gods you called. I thought you were dead."

Robin laughed. "Yeah, right. Nico probably assured you I was fine."

Jason smiled, adjusting his glasses. "Yeah, you're right. Where have you been?" He asked, pushing his work aside for a moment.

His greek half-brother shrugged. "You know, house broken into, made a new friend, kidnapped, forced to join the Avengers, the usual."

"Would it of killed you to call?"

Robin raised an eyebrow at the blonde. "You must know I'm broke."

"Get a job," Jason deadpanned. He missed the boy, no matter how annoying he was.

Robin rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, I did. Then I got shot and kidnapped." He didn't think about that job too much. He got it while living with Sam. He was sure he lost it. Working at Macey's wasn't that exciting anyway.

Jason hummed. "Right. Well, what's up?"

The pink-haired boy went on to explain to him his dream, and the monster attacks. His brother looked deep in thought.

"That is strange. What did you call them?"

"Jendaks. Shit name, I know."

"I'll see what I can find. Good luck." On that note, Jason ended the transmission, leaving Robin to find out what he could.