epilogue

A SHIP FLEW AWAY from a crowded planet. The group inside were in a hurry. Behind them, a fleet of ships were following after them as well. The planet they were escaping wasn't very known, but it was a planet corrupt politicians went to make trade deals under the radar.

"When you said visit, I didn't think you meant steal stuff!" One of the only girls of the group - an assassin and last survivor of the Zehoberei people, Gamora - exclaimed. She was gripping onto the arms of her chair because of the reckless driving.

"You should know better by now!" The leader, a Terran by the name of Peter Quill, also known as Star-Lord, replied while keeping his eyes ahead of him. He was the one driving, despite arguing with his team the entire way.

"Besides," He continued, steering the ship towards an upcoming asteroid field. "It was mostly Rocket."

"You telling me you wouldn't just steal all those weapons?" The raccoon (who didn't like being called a raccoon), Rocket, demanded. On the planet, he decided to permanently borrow the things that were "too easy" to take. Most of which were weapons, or parts to make weapons.

"No!" Gamora and Peter exclaimed at once.

"Yeah, well you guys are just crazy!" Rocket said with a huff. "Groot, back me up here."

"I am Groot," The talking tree - a Flora Colossus - said. He was a kid now, as opposed to being a small twig, or "baby Groot".

"What do you mean what I did was stupid?"

"It was stupid!" Peter interjected. "Now we're getting chased by a bunch of angry high ranking officials from all over the freakin' universe!"

"It was an accident!" Rocket defended himself.

"You told me it was on purpose," Drax, a large guy who had encountered the four previous members of the group back when they formed their group, said, still not understanding the secrecy thing.

"Dude!"

"Oh, right. I mean, you didn't tell me you did it on purpose," The man tried, but Rocket just facepalmed.

"Be careful!" Mantis, the only other girl of the group, exclaimed as an asteroid came hurtling towards their ship.

Peter dodged just in time to avoid it. He let out a sigh of relief. He would hate to damage his ship, again. The bickering between Peter and Rocket went on, as per usual, as they tried to avoid colliding with asteroids and getting blasted by angry aliens who were following them. They were experts in that area.

Soon they were getting close to a jump point. While still getting shot at, they ditched the area and ended up somewhere new. Just when they thought they were safe, an enemy ship shot at them, hitting their engine. It burst into flames and sent them spiraling. Peter struggled to get a hold of his ship. Seeing no other resort, he sent it down to the nearest planet.

They crashed through trees - lots of them. They couldn't see anything besides branches and leaves, a mix of green and brown blocking their sight. Even when the vehicle touched the ground, it didn't stop. It bounced - or skidded, rather - more a few miles before finally coming to a stop.

After a few moments of silence, the group, universally dubbed the Guardians of the Galaxy, exited the ship and stepped out onto the planet. Peter took out a gadget and almost groaned out loud when he saw what planet they had landed on. The planet where his mom died. Terra, or Earth, as the planet's residents knew it.

Rocket inspected the damages, trying to find out what he could do to fix it. Mantis was looking around, seeing the new scenery as Drax kept an eye on her, kind of.

Gamora, on the other hand, was stuck trying to calm Peter down, as the man was not at all happy to be stuck on this planet, of all places.

"Of all planets we had to crash on, it had to be this one!" He was saying, pacing in the shady area.

"Peter, calm down. Freaking out won't help us get back on the road," Gamora said calmly.

"I'm not freaking out! What makes you think I'm freaking out?" Peter argued.

"I am Groot," Groot said.

"You see? Even Groot agrees that you are freaking out. Just focus on the problem, okay?" Gamora said.

Peter took a deep breath. "Yeah, okay."

Rocket rejoined the group, climbing up on a tree stump to seem taller. "It might take awhile to repair the ship. We need to find some new parts," He stated.

"What about the stuff you stole?" Peter inquired, narrowing his eyes.

"Those are for something else," Rocket stated, crossing his arms. "Any more questions? No? Good." He hopped off the stump. "You better find me the stuff I need. I'll write a list."

"Where could we even find that stuff?" The leader demanded.

"It's your ship that you crashed, Quill. You tell me!" Rocket exclaimed. The two glared at each other.

"Ah, shit," A new voice said upon seeing the strange group and the crashed ship. All at once, everyone turned around to face the newcomer.

In the small clearing stood a young boy with pink hair, a scowl on his face. He did not look happy to see them. Of course, it's understandable. Random people crashing on his planet, from outer space? Not your average Sunday. Was it ever, in Robin's case?