chapter nineteen

ROBIN KNEW HE COULD escape at any point now. However, he still found himself lounging on the couch with Wanda beside him. Don't get the wrong idea, he still didn't like most of this team, but the Maximoff girl had been nothing but kind to him. And much to his dismay, he was starting to like her. Especially when he found out she wasn't always fond of the Avengers, mostly Tony Stark. It was late, and the pair were the only ones up. Everyone else had retired to their rooms after the eventful day.

"Did you tell him to go fuck himself?" Robin asked, leaning forward as he listened actively to her story. His eyes held a certain gleam, as he found someone here he could actually get attached to, as much as he didn't want to.

Wanda chuckled at his question. "Something along those lines," She replied, smiling at him. She was ecstatic that he was warming up to her. It would help make his transition to the team easier, and both of them would gain a friend. She was glad he didn't shun her for her actions with Ultron.

"That's amazing! Personally, I would've giving him a nickname," Robin said, his smile matching hers.

"I think you did. What did you call him, again?"

"Flying Tin Can."

She laughed. "I love it."

He laughed along with her. "I'm glad, Cosmo."

She raised an eyebrow. "Cosmo?"

He shrugged. "Cosmo? From Fairly Oddparents? You've got the whole magic thing. And the other fairy is Wanda, but that's already your name. I thought Cosmo was a fitting nickname," He said, smirking.

"I kinda like it," Wanda admitted. "But I'm going to need a nickname for you." She thought about it, and snapped her fingers. "Rapunzel." Seeing his puzzled look, she elaborated. "Our first fight, you knocked me out with a pan."

His smirk formed into a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Right, forgot about that. Sorry."

She waved him off, smiling still. "Don't worry about it." She looked at the clock on the wall that for some reason, wasn't super high tech. "I think I'm going to go to bed," She said, standing up. "Are you going to stay here?"

Robin nodded. "Yeah, for a bit."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"'Night." She pat him on the shoulder and went off to her room, leaving him alone in the living room. Robin sat in silence for a bit, before heading to his room. He couldn't stay here, not while being babysat. He grabbed his bag from the wardrobe, checking it to make sure everything was there. He sighed in relief when it was. Books, files, ambrosia. He turned off the light and exited the room. He walked on the balls of his feet, slowly stepping down the hall. He glanced around him nervous, tensing at every noise.

Soon he could see the doors, the moonlight shining onto the cement inside. He paused. Where would he go? He could stay at Percy's, he was sure Sally and Paul wouldn't mind, but the Avengers would come looking for him. He didn't want to endanger him. Camp would work. Only demigod's can get in, and he was almost 100% sure none of the superheroes were demigods. Thor maybe, but Robin doubted he knew where it was located.

He took a few more steps when the light turned on. He froze in his tracks, looking like a deer in headlights. He slowly turned around, looking for any sign of a person. Standing by the light switch with arms crossed stood Tony, with Steve at his side.

Robin sighed, glancing between the two of them. "Did I interrupt your make-out session?" He asked innocently, tilting his head to the side. He knew their messy appearance was due to the fact that they were in bed, but it didn't hurt to tease them. He didn't fail to miss the light blush that crossed both of their faces.

Tony otherwise ignored his comment and walked towards him. "I had FRIDAY tell me if you tried to leave," He informed the boy. He sent a discreet signal to the other man, who understood and went towards the boy while his attention was still on the billionaire.

Robin let his shoulders slump down. "I was just, going for a walk!" He tried, mentally slapping himself for the bad excuse.

"With your bag?"

He bit his lip. "Yes?"

"Nice try, kid." Just as Tony spoke, Steve grabbed the bag off of his shoulders, causing the demigod to let out a shriek of protest.

"I thought this was still under lock and key in the interrogation room," The super soldier commented with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe it grew some limbs and came over to me," Robin said sarcastically, rolling his eyes and holding out a hand for the bag. It remained empty. Steve threw it over to Tony, who had uncrossed his arms to catch it.

The billionaire fumbled through the bag while Robin watched his every movement carefully. While he didn't let his face show it, he hoped he would find nothing and give it back. Tony grabbed the rapped ambrosia, inspected it, and threw it towards the boy. "Don't need the snack." He pat the bag and zipped it close. "But I'll be doing further research on these," He said. Robin visibly paled. Tony pretended not to notice. "And I think I'll keep you on closer watch."

Robin gave him a glare. "You wouldn't dare," He spoke.

"Watch me," Tony replied with a raised eyebrow, accepting the challenge. "FRIDAY, get Pietro over here for me."

"Right away," The A.I.'s voice said, and soon Pietro came speeding over, tired and in pyjamas.

"Blue, I wouldn't of guessed," Robin teased, glancing at his attire.

Tony pointed a finger at him. "You shut it," He ordered. He turned back to the speedster. "I hope you're ready for a challenge."

Pietro looked between the three other figures, coming to a realization. He cursed to himself, running a tired hand through his hair. "Oh, alright."

what do you guys think of the new cover?