chapter nine

ROBIN WAS SCOPING OUT THE room as he waited for the next person to come in. Any escape route would be perfect, but it seemed as if the room was sealed tight. Perhaps he underestimated these heroes. On the other side of the glass, Fury noticed his eyes linger on certain places on the wall. He gestured for the next person to go in, hoping to slow his escape plan he was no doubt planning in his head.

Robin suppress a groan as Steve entered, instead putting on a smirk, instantly ready to tease the America out of him. "He-hey, if it isn't Boy Scout. Kidnap any innocent teens lately? Oh wait, you did. Me." His emotions switched in a flash, a glare sent in the soldier's direction.

Steve ignored his comment and sat down, the bag of stuff beside him. Robin eyed it, suddenly becoming nervous, though he wouldn't let it show. The blonde looked at him. "What is this stuff?" He demanded.

Robin shrugged. "Looks like a backpack to me."

"The stuff in the bag," Steve said, pouring the contents on the table.

"Oooooh, in the bag." He pretended to look at it, feigning confusion. "I have no clue what any of this says. It just looks like a bunch of nonsense on paper to me." He tried gesturing to the book, which proved difficult with his hands bound. "That's in a completely different language, I think," He said.

Steve seemed shocked at how good the boy's lying was. He had no proof that he was lying, but he knew. He had found these in his room for god's sake! He gave the kid a long look, trying to find a sign. He eventually gave up and took the stuff back out.

He shook his head at his team's hopeful looks. "Convincing liar. Gave me nothing," He reported, putting he bag beside Clint's chair. Bruce took his clipboard and walked in next. He sat in the chair, opening his mouth to speak when Robin gasped.

"Oh, wow, you're Bruce Banner! My friend has told me so much about your work," He gushed, letting his legs fall to the floor as he leaned forward. "Okay, maybe I don't really get it. She's a lot smarter than I am, but from what I understand, it's awesome!" Then he seemed to realize what he did. His face flushed in embarrassment. "Uh, I, uh, I mean, what, hi, who are you?" He stuttered, trying to slide down in his chair.

Bruce blushed at the compliment. He put his clipboard down on the table, getting straight to work, choosing to ignore what the boy said for his sake. "So, Robin, I'm here to check up on your health." He glanced down at his paper, clicking his pen. He read off the first point. "Any allergies?" He inquired.

"No."

"Mental illnesses?"

"ADHD and dyslexia, if that's what you mean."

"Blood type?"

He hesitated. How would he explain that? He was a demigod, he was sure things were different. Besides, he didn't actually know. "None of your business."

Bruce furrowed his eyebrows and marked something down in illegible scribbles. "Any physical injuries I should be aware of? Any other health problems?"

Robin thought about the bullet wound, his arm suddenly heavy. He shook his head. "Nope," He replied, popping the 'p'. The doctor seemed to believe him, finishing up some notes before leaving the room.

Clint rolled off the chair, catching himself before he could fall on the floor. He grabbed a voice recorder and winked at his team before entering the interrogation room. He turned on the recorder as soon as he opened the door, placing it beside him on the table. He rested his head on his hand, staring intently at the boy as if to intimidate him, which wasn't working. Robin tried to copy his stance but failed, still not able to break out of the handcuffs without being caught.

"I hear you're quite the strong kid, aren't you, Robin? In fact, I've witnessed it when you tried to blow me off a building," Clint said, recalling the memory. Robin raised an eyebrow.

"Technically it was self-defence. You guys attacked me."

"After you broke into the building and injured several government agents." Robin opened his mouth to reply, but closed it. "That's what I thought." Clint leaned back. "Now, I expect you to cooperate with me throughout this entire interrogation. Can you do that?"

Robin shrugged. "No promises."

The archer chose to ignore him, getting started on his questioning. "Why did you break into the Avengers Tower?"

"Personal reasons," The boy replied.

Clint sighed. "If you could just answer the question with an actual answer, the sooner you can get out of here. Then maybe you won't be locked up for life."

Robin rolled his eyes. "Fine," He spat, leaning forward. "I needed to make sure you had nothing to do with the... creatures that have been showing up lately." He didn't like calling them creatures, but he did anyway.

Clint gave him a skeptical look. "Right. And what exactly are these creatures?"

The demigod tried throwing his arms in the air in an exasperated manner. All he did was rattle the cuffs, the sound echoing throughout the room. "Di Immortales, I wish I knew."

"You don't know?" Clint asked with an eyebrow raised. The boy shook his head. The Avenger hummed. "One last question here. How did you manage to find your way out the first time we got you?"

Robin tried to think of the first excuse that came to mind. "I just followed my gut." Really, he wasn't sure. He had a feeling, and he followed it. Somehow, he found the exit.

Clint gave him a look before he left, taking the recorder with him. At least he was somewhat cooperative now. Natasha pat her friend on the back before walking into the other room.