21-Reconciliation

Vote and comment please

Previously on The Succubus

"Thank you" she said into my shirt and I put my head in her hair, swaying us back and forth at the same time. After a few seconds, she pulled away and walked backwards to the door.

"I love you"

"I love you too Angel" I replied and this time she chuckled at the now true pet name. She slipped out of the door and I then proceeded my initial task of putting my heels back on. Once they were both secure, I grabbed my wallet, keys and phone. Then, I started heading downstairs and out of the house to get us something to eat. As I locked the door behind me I mentally hoped that Nicki and her father would hash things out peacefully...

///////////////////////////////

Nicki POV

     I wearily walked down to the guest room and tried to calm my nerves again. I didn't know what exactly was gonna transpire in this talk, but I hoped it wasn't gonna end up like earlier. When I reached his room, I saw that the door was still open and I quickly took a breath before stepping into in the doorway. Dad's back was turned to me as he was digging in his suitcase for something. I politely knocked on the door to alert him of my presence and he swiftly turned his head towards the sound. As soon as he saw me in the doorway a faint smile rose on his face as if he was glad I was even here. That hopeful look was soon overshadowed by a despondent one quickly, making me somehow feel his guilt and repressed feelings from all the way over here. We stood in silence for a good while until I stepped past the threshold slowly.

"I'm so sorry Nicki. My intentions were never to hurt you in any way from this. I thought I was protecting you all this time and the further I kept you away from the truth, the safer you would be. But now it has all backfired and you probably hate me for it now" he voiced downheartedly before he dropped his head in defeat. I frowned at the fact that he thought that I could ever feel that way about him.

"I don't hate you dad" I finally spoke up and his eyes snapped up to me confusedly.

"You don't?" He asked me in shock.

"No. Am I a little upset that you kept this from me? Yes, but I could never hate you for doing what you thought was right at the time..." I trailed off as I toyed with my fingers absentmindedly. His face fully picked up and a look of indifference appeared. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his body in a hug. I didn't realize how tense I was until he hugged me back, the both us simultaneously relaxing.

"Sweetheart, I promise that was all I was trying to do... I just wanted to keep you safe like I had promised" he spoke softly

"But you could've kept me safe and still told me. By keeping it a secret, I was honestly put in MORE danger because I was unaware of everything and if something were to happen I would've been blindsided" I countered in hopes to show him the flip side of things.

"I wasn't thinking of it like that princess" he replied in defeat.

"I know and it's okay. You were just doing what you thought was best. I forgive you, but I want to know some more things first"

"What do you want to know?"

"How come I've only gained demon powers? Wouldn't I now have more powers than those of a regular Cambion?"

"Nicki angel powers are not as prominent as demon powers. Your mother never went into too much depth, but she did say that they have patterned occurrences based off of what type of angel you are"