54-Never The Same

Vote and comment please!!!

Previously on The Succubus

With them all up and following me, I trudged my way back to Nicki's room where I let everyone else go in and went in last with the kids in my hands. I walked very slowly and let the kids get adjusted to the change in lighting and scenery. When I moved past everyone and got closer to Nicki, I sat down on the edge and kissed their foreheads. I cooed to get their busy eyes focused on me, which resulted in six eyeballs staring at me in a baby daze. My nerves kicked in a little as either way, their reaction was gonna effect me and make me emotional.

"Look nuggets" I cooed while I slightly stood up to sit the three of them at the foot of the bed with my arms bracing them for stability. When they all followed my gaze and looked forward, they looked at her, then back at me, then back to her, then back to me, smiled which made me smile with them to confirm their happiness, then back to Nicki before their eyes literally lit up and widened as they finally recognized who was in front of them.

"M-M-M-M-Ma-Ma" they all managed to brokenly stutter out together and my eyes widened once I realized what they had just said...

///////////////////////////////////

"T-T-They-" I mentally malfunctioned as I was damn near about to start bawling my eyes out in a few moments. I looked back at everyone and they all wore surprised, but sad faces behind me.

T-T-They j-just. Did t-they ju-

"T-T-They-" I said again with my eyes feeling like they were about to start watering. My heart cracked immediately when I saw their longing faces and their confused eyes from not understanding why she wasn't interacting with them.

"Yes babies, yes. That's ma-ma" I cooed with my voice becoming choked up more and more as I spoke. From there they all kept repeating their first word, with one saying it louder than the other as they kept those same wondering, confused and longing eyes at their mother.

"That's right babies, that's mommy. Wow, I'm so proud of you" I teared up while sniffling profusely as I was both extremely heart broken and proud at the same time.

The babies just continued to reach for her and attempt to get her attention, while I kept tearfully cooeing to them and sniffling between each word. I turned back to the family and they all had tears in their eyes except for my father who wore a sympathetic and sulking look on his face. I knew that the babies' reactions were gonna make me finally cry in front of everyone, but I didn't expect it to be this heart churning and further damaging to the facade that I've been putting up to keep composure. They're wondering eyes, they're miniature pouts, the way they said their first word so longingly...

     In my grasp, Kamryn became a busy body and tried to wiggle in my hold as she tried to move towards Nicki.

"No sunshine you gotta stay here" I whispered in a shattered voice as I continued to watch and hear them acknowledge their mommy. Kam kept wiggling and babbling softly as she tried to figure out how to escape. Something in my gut just told me to loosen my hold on her a little and trusting it through, I did just that making Kamryn slip out of my grasp and slightly crawl a few inches forward.

I went to wrap my arm around her because I didn't want her to hurt Nicki, but before I could, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces once I saw Kam lay down beside her and softly smooth Nicki's blanket out in preparation for her head to lay delicately on Nicki's thigh as she continued to gurgle and look up at her. I looked back to everyone with my sanity being on its final breaking point as they all cried alongside me at the sight and gave me sympathetic looks.