Sorn's Racist!

That was total "clickbait"
She's obviously not, but I still felt as if I needed to talk about the situation and give my opinion as a POC.

~First off I want to say that it's not actually Sorn...it's Sorn's friend Randy.

~Secondly, I don't think that Randy is racist, I just think that he's uneducated about the history of blackface and caricatures.

~Okayyyyyyy so this is the post I'm talking about.

(Yeahh)

~To understand why this is such a big deal we should first know the definition of caricatures and blackface.

~CARICATURE: (noun) a picture, description, etc...ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of a person or things.
•they make small features smaller and larger features larger.
• they are widely used in politics and in the entertainment industry.
•they are NOT always used in a racist way. (I have my own caricature picture)

~BLACKFACE: (noun) an entertainer of the fair skin, popular in the mid-20s, would use facial makeup to appear darker and portray negative roles of black people.
•racist
•racist
•racist PERIODT

~Ight, now knowing what we know, you can obviously tell that Randy was not using the mask in a way that portrays black people in a negative way.

~The mask itself could be racist (depending on the use of it) but, he's not racist.

~Should he be wearing it? No, I don't see the point in it. Just smile like everybody else.

~NOW what I really want to talk about is, the comments after Randy and Sorn's apology.

~Many people who aren't POC we're quick to accept the apology and move on, completely ignoring the fact that some people who are POC were offended

~I personally wasn't offended but I still chose to hear why people (who were offended) were offended.

~I just hate when people brush over situations like this. Though it may not seem serious, it is. Randy's not black but he has on a black faced caricature so to some people they would see it as racist.

~I believe that instead of forgiving and forgetting we should educate Randy and ANY OTHERS who don't know or understand the history of blackface and the effect that it can have on people.

~I don't want anyone to hate Randy or Sorn or anything of that sort, I just think we should educate.

~The more that people know, the better respect they will have for POC.

~But what are your thoughts because I know there are some angry people still.
(If you wanted to know the mask is a caricature of Tiger Woods)