#RespectLisa

I watched that video above and literally cried.
Y'all this is so sad bruh like Lisa doesn't deserve this, she's worked YEARS to get to where she is, she deserves respect. Plus she's truly talented and seems like a nice person! Imma fight them haters, periodt!!!!

~So...Pretty much what's going on has nothing to do with international stans, it has ALL to do with Korean stans and just Korea's entertainment industry.

~If you don't know, many East Asian countries have this standard of beauty where being fair skinned is beautiful. Which (I do want to say) having fair skin doesn't make you NOT beautiful but it shouldn't be the basis of beauty. As a black person I obviously will never fit that standard and as an American I don't know everything about Korea's history. So I don't want to talk about my opinion about Korea's standards and history of such...

~BUT WHAT I CAN TALK ABOUT IS RACISM! Cuz racism is racism, it don't matter if you're living in Asia or America.

~Here's a picture of Lisa from her Instagram. (I hope you can see it)

 (I hope you can see it)

~I could never...She's cute or whateva. No but, for real she's beautiful!!!

~Anywho....let me give you all a short background on Lisa, and also describe racism.

~Lisa is a Thai K-Pop idol in the famous group BLACKPINK. She's the only member in the group whose not Korean or of Korean descent. Though it may seem as if she's loved by all, she's truly only famous internationally. In Korea she's not as popular as the rest, and gets an astonishing amount of hate, because of her race, and because of her nationality.

~Okay before I get started we need to know what racism is AND how it ties into this situation so...

~RACISM: (noun) a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others. (From Dictionary.com)

~So mhmm we all knew that, anyway pretty much what's going on is that the korean entertainment industry and fans are being racist to Lisa because she's...not Korean...and not what they see as beautiful.

~There's videos of fans being rude to Lisa because she was in their view of Jennie.

~There was a group chat last year (2019) where some Koreans were literally dogging out Lisa, calling her a Thai monkey, wanting her to go back to Thailand, literally telling her to die, (I could go on..sadly)

~It's also said that Lisa gets paid less than her Korean member counterparts.

~The basis of this hate is that, many Asians (from China, Korea and Japan) have hate towards Southern Eastern Asians like Vietnamese people, Thai people, (you get it) possibly for other reasons but one reason is that they are naturally tan skin..sooo that's why they have hatred towards Lisa.

~But what's funny to me is that...they don't say ANYTHING to these Koreans that are tanning but as soon as we get a naturally tanned idol (who obviously white washes to fit Korea's standards but we're not going to touch on that) they all gotta problem.

~Moving on, because of all this hate many fans are beginning to worry about Lisa's mental health.

~People have said that Lisa is one that finds it easy to hide her emotions, so fans are worried that she's hiding her feelings about the situation.

~But BamBam (her childhood friend and member of GOT7) and her fellow members have said that she's doing good and is handling the hate and racism very well.

~I wanted to just touch on the situation of racism towards Lisa. There are also some things about her new manager and more information about how she's getting paid less than her fellow members in the video above.

BEFORE I GO, LOOOOOK!!!!! (I really hope you can see itttttt)

TEEHEE BYEEE