Hell Is Just A Sauna

Chapter 12: Hell Is Just A Sauna

Shrew has finally cleared my injuries as fully healed and now I'm ready to go find Obi and rid myself of the nuisance once and for all. I can get my locket back and be on my merry way. I told Squirrel that I have a personal job to take care of and to watch over things while I'm gone. I did threaten him that if he tried to overthrow or attack me upon my return, I'd string his organs through the trees like decorations and throw a party beneath it. He laughed nervously and told me to be safe.

I make it to the walls of Wistal Castle just before midnight a few days later and start to scan the grounds for him. There is a chance that he won't be here, especially if his master has sent him out but I'm willing to wait if needed. I settle on a tree branch near the greenhouses and sigh. I haven't been without my locket this long and with everything that has happened to me lately, I've desired it's presence more than ever. He really has no idea what he's actually doing by taking it from me.

"It's strange to see bunnies in trees. Very unnatural."

"I've been looking for you." I address the presence on a limb beside me.

"Did you miss me that badly?"

"Only the locket." I sigh.

I hear him settle on a branch followed by the tinkling sound of the chain.

"I see you survived your injuries. Not much honor among thieves, eh?"

"Takes one to know one. You do realize that by stealing that from me and keeping it, you've stolen it from Shenazard Castle, right? I'm sure your master would love to know that."

"They won't miss it. Besides, you won't tell him because you'll just end up with the wonderful rope accessory again but with added security measures." He chuckles. "You surprised me by the way. I didn't expect you to have members in the mix."

I smirk. I didn't either. "A woman has to have her secrets. Now, can I have my locket? As you know I've had a rough few weeks."

"I had an idea you might have when I found you yelling profanity through the woods while being chased by your own members and later falling from a tree covered in blood. Doesn't sound like the best of fun."

"Try failing at dying like six times after that and having to go home to remove said members from existence along with their whores, and of course having to remove all of your furniture because their disgusting activities contaminated them. Then once you're healed, you have to track down this absolutely annoying jackass who won't return the one object you care about more than anything in this world because he thinks it's amusing." I snap.

"Why does a simple piece of jewelry matter so much to a thief? You could always have more."

"It's still none of your business. I'm honestly really over this whole game. If you want to take me out, do it, but don't dangle my locket over my head when you have no idea what the hell you're doing." I scowl as I get to my feet, my hand moving toward my sword.

Obi dodges the slice and pockets the necklace as he draws a dagger. I can see his smug grin even in the cover of the night and it's only further infuriating me. I'm not stable anymore and I can feel it in my attacks. The stress from the twins, the captures, the whores, the heartbreak from Esmon, Obi's fascination with pissing me off, all of it has just been pushed back and I'm going to break soon and he's going to end up as the catalyst and the target. I'm not sure what's going to happen if I lose the last of my control though but I know it won't be pretty. I curse as my sword is knocked from my hands and he has my wrists pinned against the tree trunk a second later.

"Let me go." I growl, my chest heaving as I catch my breath.

"If it matters so much why not just tell me so you get it back in your possession faster?" He asks, tilting his head slightly.

"Because it's none of your fucking business! Did you not hear me the other times I said it?"

"I'm just curious. No need to be so testy, silly bunny."

I'm going to kill this man. I will murder him. These trees will be painted with his life force.

"Just tell me and I'll give it back." He presses.

"Or you can just go to hell if you're going to be a colossal prick." I snap and finally get a hand free.

I punch him in the face hard enough to knock him out of the tree. I follow his body down and dodge his foot while making sure he can't catch himself on any limbs. He hits the ground and I land softly next to him. I straddle him a second later, my hand moving to his pocket to retrieve my locket. My fingers brush it and he latches onto my wrist as he smirks at me.

"Nice try, bunny. I still want answers though."

"You are unbelievable." I growl as I try to remove myself from his grip.

"I'll take that as a compliment.

"It wasn't."

"Tomato, tomatoh."

"Tomato, potato. Two different things. Let me go you piece of walking garbage!"

He laughs and I clench my jaw to stop myself from screaming in frustration.

"Come on stupid bunny, just tell me who is in the locket. You can go back to killing me afterward."

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you so what's the point?" I ask with a defeated sigh.

He sits up slightly without letting me go but thankfully my hand is no longer in his pocket, the locket dangling between us.

"Try me." He replies softly, his golden eyes meeting mine.

"In the locket is a little girl with brown hair, her hair tied up in pigtails with blue flowers weaved into them. Her eyes are a deep beautiful blue and she's wearing a flowery dress. That's the picture in the locket right?" He nods. "That's my daughter, Nemi Leone. That's all I have left of her."