What A Young Girl Should Not Know

Chapter 30: What A Young Girl Should Not Know

 My mask is ripped away and I'm forced to my knees in front of the man relaxing on my couch. As his dark brown eyes focus on me, a smug grin works its way across his face.

"Hello again Melione, I was wondering when you'd come home to me." His voice is smooth and deep and makes my skin crawl.

"How dare you..." I growl as I try to launch myself at him but I'm still trapped by his men. "How dare you set foot in this house after what you've done!? I will break you down until you pray for death! You will suffer for your crimes but I will not let you die. You don't deserve the freedom."

Lex sighs as he sits up, his shaggy black hair falling into his eyes as he stares me down.

"You are just as dramatic as ever."

"You murdered my fucking daughter you piece of shit! I will tear you apart!" I shout, thrashing against their grips but they hold tight. I notice more hands joining the effort of keeping me on the ground.

"I told you I didn't want children." He hums with a smirk.

"Then don't assault fourteen year old girls you sick fuck!"

"Ooh, so mouthy too. I thought I taught you better than that."

I follow Lex with a harsh glare as he gets to his feet and walks over to me. He crouches down to where he's almost eye level to me and reaches for my face. In an act of defiance, I try to bite his hand, earning a rough slap to the face. I take a deep calming breath and work my jaw until it unlocks and I can move it properly again. He tells me to behave and I tell him to put a sword inside himself. I'm struck again but the force knocks me to the floor. Why did I have to leave Obi? I'm so screwed...

"What do you want from me Lex?" I sigh. "It's been three years... to the day... What do you want? I have nothing left to give and you stole my daughter from me already."

"Technically it was our daughter, that snotty little nuisance. You know, I was nice and let you keep her for a while but then you left me and it was out of my hands." He grins and I want to rip the look off his face.

"It wasn't out of your hands! You could have just left us the hell alone! You didn't have anything to do with her, you weren't her father except by your unwanted assault on me. I left to get her out of that life, you wouldn't have even had to see us again if you hadn't tracked us down!" I shout despite my wrists being forcefully bound behind me.

He snaps his fingers and a cloth is quickly secured around my mouth.

"You're so loud. Honestly, it's quite the headache. Don't worry though, I'll take it off later. You know I love to hear you scream." He smirks and roughly pats my cheek before standing. "Move her to the room."

I manage to kick him hard in the leg and he stomps on my ankle in response. A short muffled scream fills the air as I hear the telltale crack of my ankle breaking and pain shoots through my body.

"I've changed my mind. Move her to the other room. I think she needs a reminder of my power."

I'm roughly tossed into Nemi's room and the door is shut and locked behind me. Ignoring the pain in my ankle, I manage to wiggle myself around until I'm sitting up. I can't get myself to look at the floor beside me so I focus my gaze on her door. At her request, we had painted the inner side white and added bright blue flowers and spots all over. Toward the bottom, I can see her attempts at painting with me and the spot I'd held her hand as we wrote her name and I wrote mine, our handprints placed beneath them.

On the other side of that door is the man who helped bring her into my life but ripped her away a few years later. Part of the reason I left was for fear of him trying to hurt her. During my whole pregnancy he had tried to make me miscarry her but she and I both survived his attempts. I have to get out of here. There's a window but with my hands bound and ankle broken it'll be a struggle. I definitely tried to keep anything sharp out of her room but maybe I can get something to work enough to cut through the ropes. I look around the room, trying desperately to avoid the blood stains on the floor, then remember the hook in the ceiling. I'd hung a mosquito net that a villager had dyed purple for her to use as a princess canopy around her bed. She ripped it down one day on accident and I never got the chance to rehang it. If I could get to the hook I could try to use it but its definitely out of reach. I mentally slap myself as I realize that I could possibly do something far easier to free myself. It just depends on my ankle. With a lot of pain-filled effort, I manage to bring my arms out in front of me and pull the cloth away from my mouth. I then use my teeth to pick at the ropes and I'm free.

I pull my boot off and find my ankle already ridiculously swollen and turning purple in a few places. There's not much I can do right now, especially with no supplies, but I stabilize it with a ruler from Nemi's drawing supplies and the cloth from my gag, then force my foot back into the boot. Thankfully my boots are a bit too big on me so I still have room even with the swelling. I carefully get to my feet and try to keep my weight off my ankle as I head toward the window. I force it open and cringe at the loud scraping noise it makes against the frame. The door opens as I'm halfway out the window and I cry out when a hand latches onto my ankle and I'm dragged back inside.

"Not so fast Melione. We have so much to catch up on. Stay a while." Lex's voice reaches my ears and I curse.