Hufflepuff v Gryffindor

After her run in with the Gryffindor Olivia didn't bother trying to find Cho and Marietta, instead making her way back to the castle. Exhausted by the time she arrived, she loathed the idea of walking up all the stairs to the Ravenclaw tower and did so muttering curses under her breath, legs burning by the time she reached the eagle and cleared her throat to get its attention.
"What question can you never answer yes to?" It asked, she thought for a moment, nodded her head, and opened her mouth,
"Are you asleep yet?"
The door opened and she walked into the circular common room, glancing towards Quidditch Pitch and noticing the small hordes of students making their way back to the castle. She strode over towards her dormitory and swiftly climbed up the stairs swinging the door open and collapsing on her bed, falling fast asleep. She had a deep, dreamless sleep, so deep in fact that it took Penelope Clearwater several tries to wake the girl.
"W-whatdoyawant?" Olivia yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She widened her gaze and saw Penelope, wondering what she would possibly want.
"You slept through the feast, and now Sirius Black has been spotted in the castle. We are to go downstairs immediately and sleep in the Great Hall with the rest of the school." Penelope held her head high, as if she thought there was a professor around to hear her. Olivia tilted her head and furrowed her brows, Penelope responded by rolling her eyes and pulling the girl out of bed. Disheveled and yawning the entire time, Olivia allowed herself to be pulled by the Prefect who was nearly sprinting to the hall.
"OLIVIA!" Oliver ran to his sister when Penelope finally pulled her into the hall, Cedric quickly taking step behind him. Olivia looked at both boys and then glanced at Penelope, motioning for her to drop her wrist. Penelope looked at the boys and let go of Olivia, who rubbed her wrist finally feeling the blood circulation after Penelope's grip had cut it off.
"Yes?" She politely asked Oliver, he picked her up, hugging her and she felt like she couldn't breath. He put her down and Cedric put his hands on her face,
"Are you alright Liv?"
She looked at him confused,
"Why wouldn't I be? I was sleeping in my dormitory."
Both boys looked at one another, and Oliver spoke next,
"Liv, no one's seen you since Hogsmeade hours ago."
Olivia scoffed, "Well it's hardly my fault that no one bothered to check my bedroom, where I live for ten months of the year."
"With Sirius Black in the castle, some things get overlooked. Merlin, I'm just glad you're okay." Oliver pulled her into another hug, and she hugged him back feeling sorry that he was so worried. When they pulled away she turned to Cedric, taking both of his hands in hers.
"Sorry Ced, I didn't mean to give you a fright." She looked down at her feet, but felt his hands withdraw only to feel him put one hand under her chin and pull her face up. Kissing her quickly he moved his mouth towards her ear,
"As long as you're safe, that's all that matters."
She blushed as he pulled away.
Oliver insisted that she sleep with the Gryffindors, beside him, so that he could keep an eye on her and for whatever daft reason Flitwick and McGonagall agreed. Grumbling the entire time she found herself between Oliver and Fred Weasley. She refused to look in his direction and didn't speak until she heard a Ravenclaw say,
"Maybe he knows how to Apparate. Just appear out of thin air, you know."
Olivia rolled her eyes and mumbled, "Bloody idiot." Catching Oliver and Freds attention.
"Why's that?" Fred asked, she glared over at him and then turned her head back to the ceiling.
"Well, why Liv?" Oliver questioned, noticing the tension between her and the Weasley. Before she could answer, Hermione interjected as many people had started spouting out nonsense ideas about how Black had managed to enter the castle. She motioned towards the bushy haired girl not wanting to talk and knowing she would answer correctly.
"Because the castle's protected by more than walls, you know. There are all sorts of enchantments on it to stop people entering by stealth. You can't just Apparate in here..."
"That's why." Olivia hissed, and turned towards Oliver curling up in a ball. Percy Weasley yelled a short time later, trying to usher the Gryffindors to sleep. Olivia rolled her eyes and tried to sleep. Hours passed and she stared up at the ceiling, shutting her eyes whenever teachers passed by. She was trying to determine just how many stars were on the ceiling when a voice startled her.
"You can't sleep either?" Fred whispered to her. She deliberated whether to ignore him or not, but with her boredom getting the best of her she turned towards him.
"No."
He didn't speak for quite some time and she thought perhaps he'd fallen asleep, she started to turn back towards Oliver but she felt his hand reach for hers, shuddering at the spark she felt when his skin touched hers.
"I'm sorry for being such a git." He said simply, letting her hand go and then rolling onto his back, arms tucked behind his head.
"Y- yea, erm-" she cleared her throat, as the first part came out as a breathless squeak, "that... that's alright." She tried to reply coolly. But her face burned and she was happy again for the darkness. The two didn't speak again, and she fell asleep before Fred did. He looked over towards her and noticed her hair in disarray, she was still in her robes, tie loose around her neck and jumper bunched up at the top. Fred smiled and softly brushed her hair out of her face, letting his hand lightly rest on her cheek for a moment. He pulled away and laid on his back, letting himself fall asleep, not knowing that his twin brother had been awake and witnessed the whole interaction.
—————
"It's bloody ridiculous!" Oliver groaned the next day, walking with Olivia who couldn't stifle her giggles. The new Gryffindor Portrait, Sir Cadogan, had taken to challenging the lions to duels and changing the very long and obscure passwords at least twice a day. They took seats across from each other at the Gryffindor table.
"I thought Gryffindors were meant to be brave and up for any challenge dear brother." She waggled her eyebrows at her.
"Oh sod off Olivia, at least I don't have to answer bloody riddles." He snapped, she laughed and stood up,
"I've never gotten one wrong, so I don't mind." She looked at the table filling up and looked at Angelina, pretending to whisper but looking directly at her brother she said "Oi, a pretty sad excuse for a Gryffindor, yea? Perhaps you're a lion cub now seeing as you're such a baby." She ducked down, narrowly missing the roll that he had thrown at her and skipped over to the Hufflepuff table towards Cedric leaving all the Gryffindors to laugh at her brother.
—————
"Ced, love, are you sure that you'll be alright?" Olivia bit her thumbnail as she looked at the weather outside. It was the day of the quidditch match against Gryffindor, and she worried about Cedric in the weather that seemed as if to worsen every minute. He brushed her off and wrapped his Hufflepuff scarf around her neck, using it to pull her close into a kiss.
"I'll be fine!"
She looked up and him and nodded, excusing herself to go to the Gryffindor table to visit Oliver who was refusing to eat.
"Ollie, honestly, you're being mad, don't you think?" She said, sitting down beside her brother. He looked at her and then narrowed his eyes to the yellow Hufflepuff scarf around her neck. She pulled at it self-consciously and tried to convince him to eat anything. A girl named Alicia tried to comfort him too, but to no avail it seemed. Olivia sighed and pushed herself up from her seat.
"I'll see you at the pitch Oliver," he didn't make any motion to her so she shook her head and let out a breath, looking around the table at the nervous Gryffindors, "Good luck to all of you, and be careful out there in that rain." Hermione gave her a smile and she started to make her way out of the hall. She heard footsteps behind her and turned to see a familiar face, she smiled,
"What can I help you with Fred? And no, I don't know what kind of plays Hufflepuff is doing so don't bother asking. They're quite secretive actually."
"No," he chuckled, handing her an umbrella, "I didn't see you with one and I thought you might need it. You wouldn't want to soak that scarf." He stammered, glancing at the canary yellow scarf around her neck. She took the umbrella from him and smiled again,
"Thanks, that's quite kind of you. I'm sure Cedric wouldn't want his favourite possession to get ruined."
"If his favourite possession isn't you then he's got to be the most daft bloke I've ever met in my life." Fred blurted, his face flushing with the same crimson of his robes. Olivia opened her mouth to say something and closed it again, not knowing exactly what, her face slowly blushing and matching his.
"I'm not a possession." She chided half heartedly, and not waiting to hear his response she turned the other way and walked briskly towards the rain, forgetting about the umbrella clutched in her hands.
"Why didn't you open that?" Cho asked when she saw Olivia soaked through with an unused umbrella in her hands. Olivia looked down and blushed,
"Oh, erm, I just... I guess I just forgot I had it." She stammered truthfully.
—————
The game was unwatchable, rain poured down and the only thing you could see was the occasional streak of colour fly past as quickly as possible. Olivia had thought that the bold yellow of the Hufflepuff quidditch robes would be easier to see in the rain, but was grossly mistaken. She had opened the umbrella and she, Cho, and Marietta squeezed under it muttering "do you see anything?" And "I can't see a thing!" To one another. Even Lee Jordan the commentator seemed to be puzzled. That is until Cedric caught the snitch just as a small, limp body in Gryffindor robes fell out of the sky and onto the ground.
"Was that Harry Potter?" Cho squeaked, Olivia had already left, umbrella tumbling down to the ground, running down the Ravenclaw stands and onto the field, rushing to Oliver who was talking to Cedric.
"-really mate, let's have a rematch." Cedric shivered, soaked through with rain. Oliver shook his head, not speaking and unrelenting in his pride. Olivia signed and walked to Cedric, wrapping her arms around him.
"That's awfully nice of you Ced, but you did win fair and square," she looked to Oliver, "You're right not to accept his offer."
Oliver sent her a weak smile and sullenly trudged off the pitch. Cedric pulled Olivia to walk beside him, wrapping his arm around her,
"Let's get you warmed up, yea?"
"There's something I want to do first Ced, but I'll meet you at the castle?" She pulled away, and he eyed her curiously but nodded. She smiled and they parted ways, him towards the castle and her towards the whomping willow.
"Careful there love!" Fred called to her as she was trying to get the last pieces of Harry's broom. She whipped her head towards him, not expecting anyone to be there.
"Thanks, but I-I know. I just wanted to bring this back to Harry." She held up her arms to show the broomstick pieces.
"I was doing the same, but let me get these last pieces. This tree is bloody dangerous." He dove towards the remaining pieces, jumping out of reach from the branches that thrashed about menacingly. After a few minutes they had gathered all of the pieces.
"He's up in the Hospital Wing, I can bring this up." Fred motioned towards the broken broom in her hands.
"What? And let you get all the credit for my hard work?" She smirked, and he shook his head laughing.
"No love, but you are wearing enemy colours," he pointed to the Hufflepuff scarf still tightly wound around her neck, "and it was a bit of a sore loss."
"Well, regardless, my brother is the captain of your team, and I'm bringing his Seeker his stick." She strode in front of the Weasley and they walked up to the Hospital Wing together. By the time they reached the boy, he was just coming to, looking at all the faces around him and looking puzzled when he saw Ravenclaw robes and a yellow scarf. She moved herself back and let everyone answer Harry's questions.
"Diggory got the snitch," said George. "Just after you fell-"
Olivia piped in,
"He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square... Even Oliver admits it." Everyone looked to the Ravenclaw girl who tried her best to seem self-assured, most hadn't noticed that she was even there until she spoke.
"Where is Wood?" Said Harry, suddenly realizing that he was not there.
"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself."
Olivia chuckled at that and Fred looked at her smirking, and sent her a wink. She felt her face go hot and looked down only to see the broomstick pieces in her arms. The Gryffindors had started talking about how many points they would need in their remaining matches in order to win before Harry shakily asked about his Nimbus. Olivia's heart sank when she saw the concern in his eyes.
"Well, you see Harry..." she began, everyone surprised again that she spoke and was still there, "when you fell off, it got blown away and it hit-" she was interrupted by a teary eyed Hermione,
"Oh Harry, it hit the Whomping Willow!"
Olivia saw Harry's face fall, he looked up at her, "And?"
Ron spoke before Olivia could answer, "Well, you know the Whomping Willow. It-it doesn't like being hit."
"Fred and I brought it for you, or rather... what was left of it." Olivia walked closer to Harry's bed and grimly held out her arms, simply a dozen bits of splintered wood and twigs fell onto the bed. All that remained of Harry's faithful broomstick.