Goodbye, for now

The next morning Olivia woke to find her legs tangled, along with Fred's, in a mess of crimson sheets. She fluttered her eyelashes slowly, taking in every second of the moment that was so familiar to her, but would never happen again. As her eyes scanned the bed, curtains drawn still, a sliver of light making part of Fred's hair shine red, she smiled. She turned her body towards him, and felt his arm go up her arm and draw her in. His eyes were still closed and everything about his body was still, if he hadn't pulled her in, she would've been sure that he was sleeping.
"G'morning, love." He cooed, voice full of sleep. His eyes still closed. She brushed his hair out of his face softly with her fingertips and she smiled,
"Good morning Freddie."
She saw his smile appear against the pillow that his head rested on, and closed her eyes again.

"Oi, you two lovebirds are going to sleep through breakfast!" George boomed, yanking the curtains open. Olivia and Fred, both in deep sleep and startled by the disruption, groaned in sync while George laughed.
"George, mate, get lost," Fred said, the annoyance in his voice palpable.
"Sod off." Olivia moaned. George staggered back and put his hand over his heart, mockingly,
"Oh, you two! So hateful."
"Ugh," Olivia sighed, opening her eyes and sitting up in bed, "fine, what time is it anyway?"
"Nearly half past eight."
"Half past!?" She choked, swiftly sliding out of the bed and pulling on her socks, "I have arithmancy in a half hour!"
"Love, please calm down." Fred said sleepily, rubbing his eyes as he sat up.
"Fred! There's a quiz today, you know I can't miss that!" She whimpered, a slight worried inflection in her throat.
"I know, but relax." Fred said, meeting her out of the bed and putting his hands on her shoulders.
"Yea, love, relax." George mimicked. Olivia scowled at him, then turned back to Fred.
"Will you walk me?" She asked, a slight urgency in her eyes, having realized that it would be the last time that he would. Fred saw the look in her eyes and nodded compliantly,
"Of course."
"Here, take these," George told them, passing two pieces of toast over to her, "I snagged 'em from breakfast for you lot."
"Thanks Georgie," Olivia smiled, eagerly reaching for a slice.
"Yea, thanks Georgie." Fred mimicked, as his twin rolled his eyes.
———
"Whenabouts will you two be—" Olivia started, one hand firmly clasped in Fred's, the other clutching toast.
"—eleven o'clock." He replied before she could finish.
"Right." She said slowly, tearing off a piece of toast with her teeth and chewing it thoughtfully. He stopped suddenly, she was pulled back by his hand. Turning to face him, she couldn't read his expression. "C-come with me." He stammered.
Olivia watched him, not able to hide the shocked expression from her face,
"I have to finish school, Fred, you know I can't." She whispered sadly, "but I would love that, you have to know I would."
"I know." He said, "I knew that if I didn't ask though, I'd regret it."
"I know." She echoed. They walked slowly, taking in every second together, until they'd made it outside of arithmancy. "I'll see you after class?"
Fred shook his head, "I've got to set up with George."
"Of course." She nodded understandingly, "then this is goodbye?"
"Not quite." He smiled, kissing her lips lightly before spinning her around and sending her into the classroom. She sauntered over to where Tim was sitting, her usual place, and sat down. Tim watched her cautiously, she'd been ignoring him since he'd kissed her, and he'd been letting her. Not wanting to risk upsetting her, he stayed silent. Neither of them said a word as the tests were distributed, nor as they scribbled their answers on parchment. He made a point to not even look up when he heard her packing up her things, her footsteps growing more and more quiet as she left the room.
———
Olivia found herself sitting roaming the hallways on the way to her next class when she heard the unmistakeable clanging and screaming sounds of Fred and George's diversion. She smiled to herself and made her way down to the Entrance Hall slowly, only wanting to catch the end of it, once she was sure nothing could fall onto her. She was halfway down the marble staircase when she saw Fred and George, seemingly cornered, in the Entrance Hall. She noticed that some of the students, who were circled around the twins, were covered in what appeared to be stinksap, and thanked Merlin she hadn't been hasty in making her way down. Harry was just a ways down from where she was, and she figured his trip to see Sirius must've gone well. She missed most of what was being said, but had the good sense to duck down when she heard "accio brooms" come out of Fred's mouth. He stood fearlessly, the same sly smirk she fell in love with plastered on his face. The brooms flew passed her quickly, the chains still hanging off of them and she laughed along with some of the students. She'd made her way a bit farther down the staircase.
"We won't be seeing you." Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over the broom.
"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch." Said George, mounting his own. Fred looked around at the crown of students, shooting her a quick wink before opening his mouth again.
"If anybody fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley—Weasley's Wizard Wheezes," he said in a loud voice, "our new premises!"
"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," added George, pointing at Professor Umbridge. Olivia stifled a laugh.
"STOP THEM!" Shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. They'd kicked off the floor, just as the Inquisitorial Squad—Tim included—closed in. Fred and George shot at least fifteen feet in the air, and before she knew it, Fred's lips were on hers. As quickly as he was there, he was off.
"Goodbye for now, love." He said quickly, smiling down at her. He looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd. "Give her hell from us, Peeves."
Peeves, who Olivia had never seen take an order from anybody, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George flew off from the tumultuous applause of the student body.
Olivia was too busy smiling after Fred and George who'd made it out of the castle and disappeared to notice the menacing black robes of the Inquisitorial Squad closing in around her. She felt a sharp tug at her arm, and was dragged away from the Entrance Hall. There were too many people for her to struggle against, and her wand was out of her reach. She was powerless as she was pushed into the pink office that she hated more than anything, and shoved into a chair by Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. Professor Umbridge sat at her desk, eyeing the girl angrily.
"Why am I here?" Olivia asked hotly, glaring at the boys who had so indelicately accosted her.
"You know exactly why, Miss Wood." Umbridge said sternly. Olivia furrowed her brow and crossed her arms.
"You must be mistaken, professor. I can't think of one reason why I'm here."
"I know that two students, who barely have six O.W.L's between them, could never do that kind of magic without help. Mr. Weasley did fly to you after causing all that commotion. You had to have had something to do with it." Professor Umbridge smiled as Olivia shifted in her seat, suddenly very aware that she was in enemy territory. The smile on the Toad's face created a new kind of fear in Olivia, even more so once she saw Filch come in with what appeared to be a whip. She gulped and eyed the pink professor with frantic eyes.
"You can't possibly be seriou—" Olivia started,
"You'll learn what happens to wrongdoers, one way or another." Professor Umbridge said venomously, "tell me what you did to help those two."
"Professor," Olivia's fear had gotten the better of her and she was nearly begging the woman to understand, "I swear, I didn't—"
"I will NOT, stand for LIES." Professor Umbridge said, she nodded at the three Slytherin boys,
"W-wait!" Olivia cried, but she was being held in the chair by he shoulders suddenly, unable to move, and her arm was pulled away from her, sleeves rolled up. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle were holding her in place, the porcelain skin of her right arm—save for the black line—exposed completely. She tried to fight against the three, digging her heels into the carpet and attempting to stand up, with no luck at all. She screamed when the whip touched her skin, it burned into her arm, coiling itself around her arm and squeezing until she was nearly certain she was about to lose consciousness. Suddenly, as quickly as it started, it stopped, she was let go, free, and she fell in a crumple on the ground. She could've sworn she saw Snape's unmistakeable black hair, before she blacked out completely.
———
Olivia awoke to white sheets, pillows, and curtains around her. A few bodies around her, coming into focus.
"Miss Wood, are you alright?" A familiar voice said, Olivia was nearly certain it was Madame Pomfrey. She tried blinking more, and saw that she was correct, but Professor Flitwick, Snape, and McGonagall were there as well. They all looked at the girl worriedly,
"Mr. McNair told us he'd seen you get taken to Professor Umbridge's office and said he was worried. We had no idea that she would..." Professor McGonagall trailed off, regarding the girl sadly.
"Do anything like this." Professor Flitwick managed to finish.
"Absolutely abhorrent is what it is." Madame Pomfrey stated angrily, mixing a few potions together. Olivia didn't feel as if she could speak, and learned as soon as she opened her mouth to, that she shouldn't have done so. A sudden wave of nausea crashed over her and she reached for the nearest bowl she could find. Catching sight of her right arm, red and swollen with dark burns riddling it, she grew more ill. Looking up at any of the three teachers fearfully, she found that Madame Pomfrey understood her pleas and there was a bucket in front of her quickly. Professor Snape, she was sure by now, was the one who'd saved her. But he stayed quiet the entire time, not so much as breathing out of turn. He eyed the brunette sixth year girl carefully.
Olivia didn't think she'd ever been quite so sick, she generally had a iron stomach, but considering she hadn't eaten all that much that day, she was nearly certain that she was puking up her organs as well. She couldn't bear to look at her arm, it didn't look like her own, and it didn't respond when she tried to move it. She wept as she was sick, the teachers watching her, unable to help in any way. Madame Pomfrey would occasionally try and force a potion down her throat.
"We can have your parents come and—" McGonagall started, Olivia shook her head violently,
"Ab-solutely, not—" she said through gags, "Fred can-not kn-know,"
"Olivia, surely you—" Flitwick started,
"N-no," Olivia insisted, "I'll b-be f-f-fine,"
But she wasn't sure she believed her own words, or that she'd ever be fine again. She stayed in the Hospital Wing for two days, thankfully a weekend, so no one knew her whereabouts. She was particularly worried about Ron, and his big mouth. The swelling in her arm went away the second day, the vermillion colouring dying away. The coiled burns stayed the same, she thought they looked deeper and deeper every day. When she was finally allowed to leave, she pulled her sleeve as far as it would go, and avoided any semblance of a person in the castle. She made her way to the Ravenclaw house, for the first time in ages, and fell into a deep sleep the second her head hit the pillow.
—————
Sorry for the late update you guys! I am just getting back to regular life—and school—today!
I know this one ended prettyyyy badly, but it'll get better! Maybe!

Thanks for reading!!