Dumbledore's Army

"Where are we meant to meet?" George asked, scratching the back of his head lazily,
"Seventh floor, opposite the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy." Olivia said, reaching across him for juice. She tilted her head, observing her pinky that had grazed the pile of pancakes in front of her and now dripped with syrup. Before she could move, Fred lips had found her finger. She blushed as he licked off the syrup and smiled cheekily at her.
"You two are revolting." George mocked, Olivia stared down at her plate to hide the blush.
"This could be you and Angelina if you'd man up and ask her out already." Fred shot back at George, a sly grin on his face. George scowled at his brother and Olivia bit her tongue—trying to contain her laughter.
"What time is the meeting tonight?" George asked, turning his attention back to Olivia.
"Eight o'clock, I think." She replied, "but I've got to run to Arithmancy, so I'll have to catch you two there."
"Not for dinner?" Fred asked,
"No," she shook her head, "quidditch practice."
"We'll see you there then, love." Fred smiled, Olivia nodded, flashing a grin at both of them before sauntering away and out of the hall.
———
"Three more laps guys!" Roger called out to them, Olivia ran alongside Cho, breathing deeply.
"Oi, you know you could also run Davies!" Cho huffed at him, Roger rolled his eyes as the rest of the team snickered.
Finally, breathlessly, they all met in the middle of the pitch.
"Alright, Chambers, Wood, practice passing to one another and I'll be up there in a minute. Chang, I'll let the snitch loose—Bradley, you'll play the other Seeker for now, and Inglebee, just throw the bludgers towards everyone for now. Ready?"
The team nodded, Olivia kicked off the ground and sat straight on her broom, poised to catch a pass.
The team worked well, like a well-oiled machine, everyone was doing what they were supposed to and Roger could not have been prouder,
"Wood!" He called, Olivia turned towards him, not noticing that Justin Chambers had thrown the quaffle to her at precisely that moment.
It hurt a lot, and there was a lot of blood, but Olivia was just worried about falling off of her broom. She managed to stay on, her vision clouding only for a moment, but her feet had hit the ground by then. She fell to her knees but quickly regained composure— jumping back to her feet and trying to feel the damage to her nose.
"Oh—Merlin! I am so sorry Olivia!" Justin apologized frantically, rushing towards her with his arms outstretched. Her held her face between his hands, attentively looking her over to assess the damage he had caused.
"Chambers!" She tried pulling her face away, "I'm fine—Justin, let go!"
The rest of the quidditch team had grounded themselves, making their way towards the two chasers.
"I'm sorry Wood! I didn't mean to distract you." Roger said remorsefully,
"It's alright." She said, grimacing at the copper taste growing strongly in her mouth. "Can you call off Chambers please?"
"Chambers, you heard her."
"Let me take a look," Cho's voice cut through the crowd, Olivia held her head up, pinching the bridge of her nose tightly. Olivia felt Cho's fingers on her nose, "this won't be comfortable Olivia, I'm sorry."
"Just do it." Olivia sighed, gulping down the metallic liquid that was freely flowing down her throat.
"Episkey," Cho said, holding her wand out to Olivia's face. There was a quick crunching sound,
"MER-lin that bloody HURT." Olivia squealed, touching her—much more normal—feeling nose. "Thank you."
"Roger, we've got to go. Olivia and I, it's nearly eight." Cho said, gripping Olivia's arm.
"Davies, my nose just broke—I'm leaving." Olivia nodded curtly, and picked her broom—Cedric's broom— up off of the ground. They walked quickly, trying to make their way up to the seventh floor.

Olivia and Cho burst through the door and walked into a large, torch-lit room with mirrors and bookcases lining the walls. They were late, but came in right in time to hear Hermione say,
"I think we ought to elect a leader."
"Harry's leader." Said Cho at once, looking at Hermione as though she were mad. Everyone in the room turned to stare at the two girls in Ravenclaw Quidditch Robes. Olivia squeezed the shaft of the broom in her hand when she saw the concern in Fred's eyes at the sight of her. She was covered with blood, she knew it, and he must have been terribly worried. She roamed over towards Fred, ignoring the stares of her classmates.
"Love, what happened?" He asked, his voice staying relatively calm.
"Really nothing, quaffle hit me, broke my nose, Cho fixed it, that's all there is." She was whispering, trying not to interrupt the group.
"—so everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?" Hermione asked, Olivia raised her hand, like everyone else in the room, and tried to smile comfortingly at Fred who still looked concerned. She looped her fingers in his and gave his hand a tight squeeze, turning her attention to the dealings.
"I also think we ought to have a name," Hermione said brightly, her hand still in the air. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"
"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" Angelina asked hopefully, George was grinning at her.
"Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?" Suggested Fred, evoking a snort from Olivia and a frown from Hermione.
"I was thinking," she said, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."
"The Defence Association?" Said Cho, "The DA for short, so nobody knows what we're talking about?"
"Yeah, the DA's good," Ginny agreed, "only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army, because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"
There was a lot of chattering in agreement throughout the group,
"All in favour of the DA?" Hermione said bossily, standing on her toes to count everyone's hands again, "that's a majority—motion passed!"
She pinned the piece of parchment with all of their names on it on the wall, writing "Dumbledore's Army" across the top in large letters.
"The first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful—" Harry started to say,
"Oh, please," said Zacharias Smith, rolling his eyes, "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?"
"I've used it against him." Harry said quietly, "it saved my life in June. But you can leave, if you think it's beneath you."
Everyone was quiet, Olivia included. She wondered at that moment about Cedric, and whether or not he had used it, or if the reason he died was because he hadn't. Fred squeezed her hand and she threw him a halfhearted smile.
The rest of the meeting didn't go very well for Olivia, she worked with Neville, after sending Fred to partner up with George. She was not in the mood to be fawned over, especially after how glum she'd gotten after wondering about Cedric. Neville had a difficult time disarming her, even when she held her wand limply in her hand.
Harry had caught Fred and George disarming Zacharias from across the room, Olivia's lip twitched in amusement when George said,
"Sorry Harry, couldn't resist."
Neville had managed to get Olivia's wand out of her hand while she was distracted,
"I DID IT!" He said gleefully, "I've never done it before—I DID IT!"
Olivia smiled, "good one!" She called out to him, not having the heart to tell him that usually his opponent would not be holding their wand loosely and looking the opposite direction.
The meeting ended, everyone going their separate ways, and Olivia walked with Fred up to his dormitory. He sat her down on his bed,
"Stay here, I'll be right back love." He smiled, walking away from her. He came back, moments later with a basin of warm water and cloth. Dipping the cloth in the water, he wrung the excess away, and delicately ran it over her face. Olivia sat still as a statue, letting Fred clean the dried blood from her face—the basin full of maroon-tinged water by the end of it. He'd been so careful, so precise, so gentle, she felt a rush of affection leap from her, but all she could do was smile quietly.
"I'm sure he knew love, he was clever for a Hufflepuff. He'd have known the disarming charm, surely." Fred said, lifting her chin and inspecting her face to ensure that he'd cleaned all the blood off.
"You read my mind sometimes, you know?" She breathed, grabbing his tie and pulling him into her. She kissed him sweetly, and let her nose rest on his.
"One of the perks of being madly in love with you, I reckon." He cooed, before pulling away slightly—crossing his eyes to look at her, "Chang did a stellar job on that nose."
Olivia laughed, pulling him back into her lips.
"Oi! Would you two settle down?" George rasped from across the room. Olivia pulled her lips off of Fred's and smiled shyly,
"Sorry Georgie," she murmured with a hint of laughter in her voice,
"Don't be sorry Olive, he's just jealous that he doesn't have anyone to kiss." Lee said coyly, looking at George out the corner of his eyes.
"Would you lot bugger off?" Fred huffed, pulling the curtains around his bed closed. Olivia was shrouded in darkness, feeling around to readjust to her surroundings. Her hand found Fred's, and he laced his fingers in hers.
"Right here, love."
She crawled onto his lap, straddling him and nuzzling his neck.
"You really think he knew?" She asked, voice muffled against the fabric of his collar.
"Yea, I really do." Fred replied soothingly.

"Let Cho know it's alright to like Harry."
"Ah, so you know about that?" Olivia smirked,
"You'd have to be an idiot not to."
"Harry doesn't know."
Cedric raised his eye brows in reply. Olivia simply smiled, shrugging her shoulders,
"Alright Ced, I'll do what I can."

Olivia opened her eyes, rolling over to see Fred's face through the little light that streamed onto the bed through the drapes. She ran her fingers down the side of his face, not wanting to wake him, but not able to resist touching him. He slept so peacefully, everything about him relaxed, his hair messily splayed across the pillow.
"I love you, I love you, I love you Fred Weasley." She professed, as quietly as possible, before closing her eyes and slipping into sleep again.
—————
Soft boi hours :')
I love them.